ike I said on the last post…I didn’t forget to make things I just haven’t posted so beware…there are going to be a few posts tonight. These cookies are very festive and cute for the holiday season. They have cake mix in the recipe so they stay super moist and yummy. Jason wasn’t a fan of the cherry flavor in the red dough so if you’d rather not have this flavor just make the dough both with the almond extract and food coloring to half. I personally liked the cherry flavor, but I like cherry and he’s does not. If it was strawberry he mighta went for it
Sweet Cherry Cookies
Printer Friendly Recipe
2 boxes white cake mix
1 cup butter, melted
1 small box black cherry jello
1 T water
1/2 t red food coloring jell
1 T water
1/2 t almond extract.
1. In a mixing bowl, or your stand mixer (I obviously opt for my beloved stand mixer!) beat together the cake mix, melted butter and eggs.
2. Separate the dough in half. Add the jello, water and food coloring to one half of the dough.
3. To the other half of the dough add the water, and almond extract.
4. Shape each half into a big round ball. Then cut the ball into approximately 24 pieces.
5. Take a 1/2 red and a 1/2 white piece. Roll them together to make a marble like cookie.
6. Place on greased cookie sheet and bake at 350 degrees for 8 minutes. The cookies will start to crack when they are done. Remove from the oven and let them continue to cook for about 2 minutes on the hot sheet.
7. Remove from the pan and finish cooling on wire rack.
Recipe from Jamie Cooks It Up!
Yield: about 2 dozen cookies