Shrimp Penne with Garlic Sauce ~ Creamy pasta loaded with shrimp that is lightened up with chicken broth!
Do you have those recipes where your mouth will start watering as you dream about eating it? Well this is one of them for me, which often makes me wonder why I don’t make it more often. The reason is not because it is hard. In fact it’s super simple and comes together fast which is always welcome on a week night when you get home from work.Throw together a green salad and make these Garlic Cheddar Biscuits and your meal is done! I really should make this more often. Sometimes recipes just get tucked away in the overflowing recipe box and you forget to take them out again for awhile. I think the ingredient that makes this soooo good is the Seafood Seasoning. Trust me you need this. I get Old Bay Seafood Seasoning. If you don’t have it make sure you get it for this recipe. After I finishing posting this recipe I’m off to make a dessert using my trifle bowl I’ve had forever and haven’t used. It’s a little bit sad and a little bit funny I get excited about using new cookware and bakeware. We have potluck at church tomorrow so HOPEFULLY it turns out or I’m up a creek without a paddle. Enjoy!
Shrimp Penne with Garlic Sauce
- 3 c. Uncooked Penne Pasta (You can use any pasta you have on hand)
- 2 Garlic Cloves, Minced or Grated
- 1/4 c. Butter, Cubed
- 1/4 c. All-Purpose Flour
- 1 can (14 1/2 oz) Chicken Broth
- 1 can (5 oz) Evaporated Milk
- 1 lb Cooked Medium Shrimp, Peeled and Deveined
- 2/3 c Shredded Parmesan Cheese
- 2 Tbsp. Minced Fresh Parsley
- 1 1/2 tsp Seafood Seasoning
- Cook pasta according to package directions. Make sure not to over cook or your noodles turn to mush when you mix it with the pasta sauce!
- Meanwhile, in a large saucepan saute garlic in butter. I used my hand dandy little grater to grate my garlic and it works amazing. If you don’t have one I think it’s worth the investment.
- Stir in flour until blended; gradually add broth and milk. Bring to a boil; cook and stir 2 minutes or until thickened.
- Stir in shrimp (Make sure they are peeled and deveined!), cheese, parsley and seafood seasoning; heat through.
- Drain pasta; place in a large bowl. Add shrimp mixture; toss to coat. Serve immediately.
Looking for more shrimp recipes?
Make sure you don’t miss any of the fun stuff Julie’s Eats & Treats is up to!