I ran to the grocery store after work to get a pound of hamburger for this recipe. I’m chilling out in the meat department minding my own business standing next to a gentleman and staring at the shelf. All of a sudden there is someone on the other side of me. I mean RIGHT on the other side of me.
I’m standing there thinking wow she’s really in my bubble, do I dare take a glance to see who this crazy person is or are they going to totally know I’m slightly annoyed?
Well I took the chance. I’m turning my head and I see this girl grinning from ear to ear. Oh I should have known I live in small town USA of course it’s someone I know! It was actually a really close friend and we had a good laugh over it. Then she told me she was going to follow me around the grocery store and see what I was making tonight. I giggled.
Now that’s a lot of pressure for a new recipe to turn out! She went on to tell me that her husband asks nightly what Julie is making. She’s one of my biggest readers and I love hearing feedback from her and all the rest of you.
As I didn’t want to leave her hanging until tomorrow to read up on my blog about my recipe and I just happened to have it in my purse, I whipped it out and shared it with her. I told her that if you see it on the blog tomorrow it’s a success but if you don’t it was a flop!
Since I’m posting it you obviously have figured out it was a success! It blends the best of both worlds incorporating Alfredo sauce and tomato sauce in the same dish.
It was great and we decided it was a “keeper”. My husband then asked where all the keepers actually went because he rarely gets the same recipe twice. I’m a bit adventurous like that. I giggled and pointed to my over flowing recipe box. He just rolled his eyes at me. True love I tell ya. Enjoy!
Printer Friendly Recipe
1 pound Spaghetti Noodles
1 jar (24 Oz. Size or 1 lb) Garlic Alfredo Sauce
3 cups Shredded Mozzarella, divided
½ cups Milk
1 teaspoon Dried Oregano
1 teaspoon Dried Parsley
1 pound Ground Beef
1 jar (24 Oz. Size or 1 lb) Spaghetti Sauce
1.Preheat oven to 350ºF.
2. Spray a 9×13 baking dish with nonstick spray.
3. Cook spaghetti noodles according to package directions. Rinse cooked noodles under cold water and drain very well.
4. In a large bowl, combine Alfredo sauce, 2 c. mozzarella, milk, oregano and parsley. Stir well to combine. Add cooked spaghetti noodles and toss to coat them completely. Place entire mixture into the baking dish.
5. Brown beef, drain well to remove excess grease. Over low heat, add spaghetti sauce and mix. Pour mixture over the noodle mixture in the pan. Cover with aluminum foil and bake for about 30 minutes.
6. Remove aluminum foil, sprinkle with 1 c. mozzarella cheese and bake for 5-10 minutes or until cheese is melted.
Adapted from: The Country Cook*This post may include links to my Amazon.com affiliate account and Julie's Eats & Treats earns a few cents on the dollar if you purchase the items I share with you. Thank you for supporting my blog when you shop at Amazon!