Meatball Hash Brown Bake ~ Cheesy Hash Browns layered with Homemade Meatballs!
I love dishes that combine and make it easy to have complete supper like this one. All you have to do is add a simple veggie and you’ll have a nice meal. For all you that a busy bringing meals to the field while harvest is in full swing this would be a perfect meal for the field. It transports nicely and it’s in one dish. Gotta love that right?
This would also make a great dish to bring to a potluck or a friend that had a baby or is sick.
The hubby definetely liked this dish and kept going back for more so if you have a hungry man or a few around they will devour this in no time flat!
- 2 eggs
- 3/4 c. crushed saltine crackers (about 20 crackers)
- 6-8 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 tsp salt, divided
- 1 1/2 tsp pepper, divided
- 1 lb ground beef
- 1 can (10 3/4 oz) condensed cream of chicken soup, undiluted
- 1 c. sour cream
- 1 c. shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 1 package (30 oz) frozen shredded hash brown potatoes, divided
- In a bowl, lightly beat eggs. Stir in cracker crumbs, garlic, 1 tsp salt and 1/2 tsp pepper.
- Crumble beef over mixture; mix well. Shape into 1 in meatballs. In a covered skillet over low heat, cook the meatballs in a small amount of water until brown; drain.
- In a bowl, combine the soup, sour cream, cheese, onion and remaining salt and pepper. With paper towels, pat hash browns dry. Stir into the soup mixture. Transfer to a greased 13 x 9 in baking dish. Arrange meatballs over top pressing lightly into mixture. Cover and bake at 350 degrees for 45 minutes. Uncover; bake 15 minutes longer or until meat is no longer pink and potatoes are tender.
Looking for more casseroles?
Cheesy Hash Brown Pot Roast Casserole
Cordon Bleu Bubble Up
Meatball Sub Casserole
Make sure you don’t miss any of the fun stuff Julie’s Eats & Treats is up to!