Another month has passed and it’s time for the Secret Recipe Club reveal again! I love getting to check out new blogs and being “forced” to try a new recipe from them. Like any one really needs to force me to try a new recipe!
This months assignment for me was The Kitchen Witch. Perfect for Halloween huh? Rhonda is a fun loving, “biker chick” that will just lay it out how it is. I love that. We all need some good old sass in our lives.
This recipe so so super easy and wonderful that I’m in love with it. Who doesn’t love a breadstick that has cheese literally oozing out of it?
I knew I had to make these by a certain date but never knew what I was going to make them with until I decided one night to make this wonderful Hearty Chili Mac to welcome in the cold and blustery weather we’ve been blessed with lately. I had invited my brother over for supper and knew I’d have an extra body to feed and help us eat these yummy bread sticks.
These were devoured. Amazing! And I once again got awesome sister points and maybe even some awesome wife points!
If you are looking for a treat for the big football game coming up or a side for a pasta this is it!
Cheese Stuffed Bread Sticks
Printer Friendly Recipe
1 can (13.8) oz refrigerated pizza crust
6 pieces of string cheese
1 Tbsp butter, melted
1/4 c. grated Parmesan cheese
1/4 tsp garlic salt
1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
2. Unroll the pizza crust onto parchment lined baking sheet. Pull and shape it into a rectangle.
3. Evenly space 6 pieces of string cheese on one half of the dough. Carefully fold other half of dough over the string cheese. Using your fingers, gently press and seal along the outer edge and between the string cheese pieces.
4. Lightly brush the top with melted butter, sprinkle with garlic salt and grated cheese.
5. Place breadsticks into the oven and baked for 13-18 minutes or until golden brown.
6. Cut with a pizza cutter.