Skinny Coffee Cake Muffins ~ Amazing muffins that are a little on the lighter side and taste like the “real” thing!
I’m officially done with all my Christmas festivities and I’m wearing the stretchy pants. I really need to get back to the exercise and moderation of sweets! Feeling a little like that too?
These Coffee Cake Muffins are “skinnied” up a little to help you get back into your jeans, but you aren’t able to tell! That’s a must for me.
I made a big batch of these up during my “vacation” over Christmas. The “vacation” I’ve decided I might need another vacation to recover from. On the plate was hosting two Christmas’s and being sick! YUCK! ‘Tis the season right?
My father-in-law is recovering from surgery and I may have sent a big plate of these out to my in-laws with the hubs and his Dad couldn’t even tell! Now that is a impressive task.
Even if you aren’t looking for a “skinny” recipe you will love these muffins. They are light, fluffy and loaded with cinnamon and pecans. The powdered sugar drizzle on top dresses them up and gives them a little “sweetness” that is a must in my book!
Skinny Coffee Cake Muffins
- 1/2 c. packed light brown sugar
- 1/4 c. chopped pecans
- 1 1/2 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1 c. granulated sugar
- 1/4 c. butter, softened
- 1/2 c. egg substitute
- 1 c. reduced-fat sour cream
- 2 Tbsp water
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 3/4 c. all-purpose flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp salt
- Cooking spray
- 3 tablespoons powdered sugar
- 1 tsp milk
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Place 18 muffin liners in muffin tin and spray with non-stick cooking spray.
- In a small bowl combine brown sugar, pecans and cinnamon. Remove 3 Tbsp of mixture for topping of muffins. Set aside.
- In a large bowl cream sugar and butter for about 3 minutes on medium speed. Add egg substitute and beat for 3 minutes. Ad sour cream, water and vanilla. Beat until combined.
- In a large bowl whisk flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt.Make a well in the center of mixture and add sour cream. Stir until just combined.
- Gently fold brown sugar mixture (remember to reserve 3 Tbsp for topping) into batter.
- Spoon batter into prepare cups. Sprinkle batter with reserved brown sugar mixture.
- Bake at 400 degrees for 25 minutes. or until they test done. Remove from oven and place muffins on wire rack immediately and cool for 10 minutes.
- In a small bowl mixture together powdered sugar and milk stirring until smooth. Drizzle over muffins.
Recipe from: Cooking Light
Healthy Zucchini Muffins
Caramel Apple Muffins
*This post may include links to my Amazon.com affiliate account and Julie's Eats & Treats earns a few cents on the dollar if you purchase the items I share with you. Thank you for supporting my blog when you shop at Amazon!
Make sure you don’t miss any of the fun stuff Julie’s Eats & Treats is up to!