Banana Split Ice Cream is made with fresh bananas, fresh cherries, pineapple, peanuts, and chopped chocolate – it tastes just like a banana split all in one fresh and fruity scoop.
Be sure to subscribe to my newsletter HERE so you never miss a new recipe!
I see lots and lots AND LOTS of no-churn ice cream recipes. They are everywhere! And I understand why they are so super popular. Not everyone has an ice cream churn! So I get it. I totally do.
Some of us have ice cream churns.
And with all those no-churn recipes to satisfy that homemade ice cream craving, I was starting to feel left out with all my churning ways. I need recipes, too! Dang.
My other half is from this old south farm family (oh! Also, heads up – this is Heather from Sugar Dish Me, before I cause any mass confusion and you think Julie ran away with another man while you weren’t looking), and in the summer they plan these very cutesy ice cream socials under a big oak tree. Everyone has an ice cream churn or two, and they line them up on these big picnic tables; you grab a cup and a spoon and make your way down the line, scooping out a little of this and a taste of that.
It’s like the old fashioned version of those self-serve fro-yo shops, except better X 1000.
If you show up early you can hear the old churns going out on the porch, dripping with condensation, and with little bits of ice cream salt crunching under your sandals as you walk up the steps.
We just haaaaad to buy a churn. We went with a newer, smaller countertop model and I could not be happier with it. I can make things like Homemade Sun Drop Slush! Or Strawberry Pie Ice Cream. Or this Banana Split Ice Cream with fresh bananas and pineapples, cherries, nuts, and chocolate!
All the fresh fruit in this is blowing my mind.
It tastes JUST LIKE a banana split – but you get all the flavor in one scoop instead of trying to figure out how you will manage an ice cream dish the size of a small watercraft.
You’ll need a churn for this recipe.
The result is this totally creamy, loaded-with-banana, and so much fresh fruit ice cream with salty bits of peanuts and chopped bits of chocolate studded all throughout.
This is end-of-summer ice cream love right here. It is, it is, it is.
If you enjoyed this post and would like to see more recipes by Sugar Dish Me, you can follow along via…
Enter to win a KitchenAid Mixer below and help Lindsay at Life, Love, and Sugar Celebrate your Two Year Blogging Anniversary!
Banana Split Ice Cream
- 3 medium ripe bananas (yellow and brown peel)
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 1 cup whole milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 cup fresh pineapple, coarsely chopped into small pieces
- 1/2 cup fresh cherries, pitted and coarsely chopped
- 1/4 cup chopped peanuts
- 1 Hershey bar, coarsely chopped into small pieces
- Mash the bananas and sugar together, then stir in the cream, milk, and vanilla. Whisk the mixture well for a minute or two.
- Stir in the pineapple, cherries, nuts and chocolate, and then place the mixture in the freezer for at least two hours.
- Pour the mixture into your ice cream maker and follow the manufacturer's instructions for churning.
- Serve immediately or store in the freezer.
by Heather Tullos
1. I like to mix everything in a large pitcher so I can easily pour/scrape the chilled mixture into the canister of my ice cream maker. 2. I use a countertop ice cream maker and I love it! But it requires 2 things: a)the canister needs to be frozen prior to adding the chilled mixture to it to churn. I keep the clean canister stored in the freezer so it's ready whenever I need it! b)because this ice cream churn is on the smaller side and the volume of the ice cream increases as it churns, I usually add the mix to the canister in two batches so there's no mess. I store the churned ice cream in a freezer safe container.
|Amount Per Serving||As Served|
|Calories 2011kcal Calories from fat 1039|
|% Daily Value|
|Total Fat 115g||177%|
|Saturated Fat 62g||310%|
|Dietary Fiber 16g||64%|
Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your daily values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs:
|Total Fat||Less than||65g|
|Sat Fat||Less than||25g|
If you love this recipe you might also like…
Cookie Dough Ice Cream ~ Creamy ice cream with chunks of your favorite chocolate chip cookie dough!
Grasshopper Ice Cream Dessert ~ Light, Fluffy & Minty Ice Cream Dessert that is always a hit!