Berry Cheesecake Crumble Bars ~ Packed full of berry cheesecake goodness, these are definitely one of our favorite Yummy Bar Recipes! A Quick, Easy & Delicious Treat for your entire Family!
Be sure to subscribe to my newsletter HERE so you never miss a new recipe!
Hi there my friends! It’s Gina from Kleinworth & Co & I’m back today to share with you some of our favorite yummy bar recipes. When I met my hubs I learned quickly that cheesecake topped his list of treats. Well – what I really found out was that he has a long list of what he calls favorites (don’t we all?) but that cheesecake was one thing that he would rarely (if ever) turn down. So I started honing my cheesecake recipes & experimenting more to keep dessert time creative. I can’t complain really – making, and taste testing a variety of cheesecake recipes isn’t so bad. One that he is particularly fond of is this one for Berry Cheesecake Crumble Bars.
Since we live here in north Idaho, huckleberries are the berry of choice here. I stockpile them in the freezer all summer long. Right about spring time I start running low & get really excited for the warmer months ahead. But even though I was scraping the bottom of my bucket- I had to use them to make these fabulous Berry Crumble cheesecake bars. The sweetness of the berry with the cheesecake & that buttery crumble topping – oh my. Definitely hard to eat just one bar.
Right now my hubs is recovering from knee replacement surgery. So I have been rationing out these goodies to the kids after dinner. Then once they are all working on their chores for the night I take the container up to the hubs so we can sneak a couple together in quiet. They were gone in no time & the kids were left wondering where they all went. I keep telling them that they should know by now that anything cheesecake doesn’t last more than a day or so in this house.
Berry Cheesecake Crumble Bars
- 12 oz. cream cheese
- 1/2 c. sour cream
- 1/2 c. sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 1 1/2 tsp. vanilla
Berries of choice: (I used huckleberries)
- 2 tsp. sugar
- 2 tsp. all-purpose flour
- 1 tbsp. fresh lemon juice
- 1 c. fresh berries, rinsed and patted dry
Graham cracker crust
- 10 graham crackers, finely crushed
- 3 tbsp. sugar
- 4 tbsp. ( 1/2 stick) butter, melted
- 1 c. all-purpose flour
- 1/4 c. brown sugar
- 1/4 c. sugar
- 8 tbsp. butter, cold
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees.
- Line an 8×8 square baking pan with parchment paper
- In a medium size mixing bowl combine crust ingredients, then spread into prepared pan, creating an even layer.
- Place in oven and bake for 10 minutes.
- Remove and allow to cool while preparing the remaining components.
- In a small mixing bowl, combine all berry ingredients, toss gently to combine, set aside.
- In a small mixing bowl, combine all ingredients for crumble topping.
- Cut the butter in with a pastry blender until the mixture is coarse, set aside.
- In mixer bowl, beat together cream cheese, sour cream and sugar until smooth. NOTE: it’s vital that the cream cheese, sour cream and eggs are at room temperature,to avoid clumpy batter
- On low, add vanilla, salt and one egg.
- Mix until just combined, then add the remaining egg, mixing until incorporated.
- Pour the cheesecake batter over the baked crust.
- Spread evenly with a spatula.
- Carefully top with berry mixture
- Finally, top with crumble taking care to just cover - but do not make the layer too thick. You probably won't use all of the crumble.
- Place in oven and bake for 40-45 minutes or until the cheesecake has set and the crumble is lightly golden brown in color.
- Remove from oven and allow to cool for 2 hours or until it reaches room temperature.
- Place in refrigerator and chill for at least 4 hours before removing, cutting and serving.
by Gina Kleinworth
|Amount Per Serving||As Served|
|Calories 4852kcal Calories from fat 2729|
|% Daily Value|
|Total Fat 303g||466%|
|Saturated Fat 172g||860%|
|Dietary Fiber 12g||48%|
Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your daily values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs:
|Total Fat||Less than||65g|
|Sat Fat||Less than||25g|
What berry would you mix into your cheesecake crumble bars?
Connect with Gina here!
Here are a couple more Yummy Bar Recipes you might like!
Thanks so much for spending your day with me!
I love being here!