Breakfast Enchiladas ~ Tortillas stuffed with sausage, eggs, cheese and bacon then topped with more bacon and cheese! Make the night before!
A couple weekends ago we headed up to the cabin with my mom and dad for a relaxing weekend. The guys were going to try the ice fishing up there and us girls were just going to hang out and do a little shopping. It sounded great. We could just relax and do whatever we wanted and not have a worry.
This sounded great until the hubby came down with a bad cold a couple days before we left. He decided he was good enough to go so we still went. Saturday morning the guys headed out to the lake and us girls left to do some shopping. Throughout the morning I thought my throat was a little dry but blamed it conveniently on the cabin and hoping it was just dry in there. As the day wore on the sicker I became until that night I was shivering, exhausted and aching. Fun stuff. Off to bed I went. The next day I felt terrible still but the aches were gone I just had a terribly sore throat. This went on for a couple days then it moved to my head. Ugh. Seriously. Could the chest cold not be enough. Nope. Everything started draining. Lovely picture I’m painting here isn’t it? It seems like so many people are sick right now. I’m so ready for spring.
It’s only the middle of January. *SIGH*
If you are looking for a breakfast to warm you up in the bitterly cold January winter here one is. It’s a bit of a fun twist on a regular old egg bake. You can switch the meat for whatever you like or have on hand. I was worried the tortillas were going to be soggy if I put the eggs in the night before but I did it anyways and it was awesome! The eggs run into the tortillas and it’s so yummy!
- 1 lb sausage, browned
- 2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
- 8 (8 in) flour tortillas
- 6 eggs
- 2 cups half-and-half
- 1 tablespoon all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 3 oz package Real Bacon Bits
- Spray 13x9 in pan with cooking spray
- In a large bowl stir together browned sausage, 1 c. cheese and 1/2 of the package of bacon bits.
- Place a 1/8 of the mixture down the center of a tortilla. Roll up and place seem side down in baking dish. Repeat until all tortillas are filled.
- In another large bowl beat eggs, half and half, four and salt. Pour over the tortillas in the pan. You can cover the dish and place in the fridge or baked immediately.
- When ready to bake, preheat the oven to 350 degrees. Uncover dish and sprinkle remaining 1 cup of cheese over tortillas. Sprinkle the rest of the bacon bits over cheese. Cover baking dish and bake for 35 minutes. Uncover dish and bake 10 minutes longer or until set and cheese is melted.
by Julie Evink
|Serving Size||2 enchiladas|
|Amount Per Serving||As Served|
|Calories 610kcal Calories from fat 378|
|% Daily Value|
|Total Fat 42g||65%|
|Saturated Fat 17g||85%|
|Dietary Fiber 1g||4%|
Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your daily values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs:
|Total Fat||Less than||65g|
|Sat Fat||Less than||25g|
Looking for more yummy breakfast ideas?
Caramel Apple Monkey Bread ~ Ooey, Gooey Monkey Bread Spiced with Cinnamon and Full of Apples! Prep it the night before and wake your family up to the amazing smell of cinnamon and apples!
Skinny Coffee Cake Muffins ~ Amazing muffins that are a little on the lighter side and taste like the “real” thing!
Overnight French Toast Casserole ~ Make it the night ahead and just pop it in the oven and have a wonderful breakfast!