Cheesy Caramel Puff Corn ~ Easy, snack you can make in the microwave! A perfection of sweet, salty and a hint of cheese! Trust me on this one!
Have you noticed my obsession with Puff Corn yet? It started with the White Chocolate Puff Corn then moved onto the Cinnamon White Chocolate Puff Corn and now I bring you Cheesy Caramel Puff Corn!
Every recipe is just as amazing as the next, mostly because well, I adore puff corn. Plus they all mix up my favorite combination of sweet and salty. That you can’t go wrong with my friends.
I’m not real sure how I got the idea of caramel and cheese and thought hmmm that’s a wonderful combination. Because well let’s face it. It sounds a bit odd doesn’t it? Rest assured though that I am not leading you astray. You got to have a little faith in me on this one. I adore the regular puff corn drenched in a bath of caramel so I decided this would be a fun twist on things!
I brought it to a holiday party and my sis-in-law came out with a handful, looked at me and said you must have brought this huh? I then had to ask how she knew, she informed me because it was amazing but quite an odd combo so it must be mine.
I’ll take that as a compliment. I’m amazing and a bit odd too. So hey my recipes must be a reflection of me huh?
Got a holiday party you want to bring a snack too? A Football party? A New Year’s Eve party? A…..I want to sit on my couch and stuff my face with something amazing party? Then go ahead and get on this recipe. I won’t tell anyone if it’s the latter of the options!
- 1 c. brown sugar
- 1/2 c. butter
- 1/4 c. light corn syrup
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1 (7 oz) Cheesy Puff Popcorn
- Spray the inside of a paper grocery bag with non-stick spray. Pour Cheesy Puff Corn into bag.
- In a saucepan bring the brown sugar, butter and corn syrup to a boil. Boil for two minutes. Add vanilla extract and baking soda and mix. Pour over Cheesy Puff Corn in grocery bag. Roll down the top of the bag and shake.
- Microwave puff corn in grocery bag for 1 minute 15 seconds. Remove from microwave and shake. Microwave for 45 seconds. Remove from microwave and shake. Microwave an additional 30 seconds. Remove and shake. Microwave for 20 seconds. Remove and shake.
- Spread Puff Corn onto waxed paper that has been sprayed with non-stick cooking spray. Let cool and dry.
Looking for more snacks?
Cinnamon White Chocolate Puff Corn
Peanut Butter Cashew Popcorn
*This post may include links to my Amazon.com affiliate account and Julie's Eats & Treats earns a few cents on the dollar if you purchase the items I share with you. Thank you for supporting my blog when you shop at Amazon!
Make sure you don’t miss any of the fun stuff Julie’s Eats & Treats is up to!