Chewy Gingerbread M&M Bars ~ Amazingly soft and chewy bars loaded with Gingerbread M&Ms and topped with cream cheese frosting!
So the big question is are you a fan of Gingerbread or not?
I’m a bit finicky when it comes to Gingerbread of maybe it’s just in my head? I LOVED these bars. Oh my goodness. They have the dense, chewy texture of a Blondie but they are topped with an amazing cream cheese frosting and stuffed with Gingerbread M&Ms. Yes. Gingerbread M&Ms. I saw them in the store and new they were a must by because I needed to make something yummy with them!
Then a few weeks ago I made this Gingerbread with Vanilla Icing and loved that also. I loved it so much it went straight to my neighbors house when I stopped by there. I tend to make a lot of friends in our new neighborhood when I get to baking!
These bars also visited another home. I brought them to work with me to great the coworkers. The problem with that is my office is literally steps away from our work kitchen so they are way to easy accessible! Dangerous.
These are a perfect treat for a last minute get together that you are invited too. If you can’t find Gingerbread M&Ms please feel free to substitute with regular M&Ms!
Chewy Gingerbread M&M Bars
- 1 1/2 c. butter, melted
- 2 c. sugar
- 1/2 c. molasses
- 2 eggs
- 4 c. all-purpose flour
- 4 tsp baking soda
- 2 tsp cinnamon
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp ginger
- 1 tsp cloves
- 1 c. Gingerbread M&Ms
Cream Cheese Frosting
- 8 oz cream cheese, softened
- 4 Tbsp butter, softened
- 4 c. powdered sugar
- 2 Tbsp milk
- 1 tsp vanilla
- In a large mixing bowl combine the butter, sugar and molasses. Beat until well combined. Add eggs and beat until combined and the batter is smooth.
- In a small mixing bowl toss together the flour, soda, cinnamon, salt, ginger and cloves. Add dry ingredients to ingredients in mixing bowl. Mix until combined.
- Spray a 9x13 inch pan with non-stick cooking spray. Spread batter in pan. Bake at 350 degrees for 25 minutes or until they test done. Remove from oven and let cool completely.
- In a mixing bowl combine the frosting ingredients until light and fluffy. Spread over cooled bars. Refrigerate at least 1 hour before cutting.
by Julie Evink
|Serving Size||1 Bar|
|Amount Per Serving||As Served|
|Calories Calories from fat|
|% Daily Value|
Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your daily values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs:
|Total Fat||Less than||65g|
|Sat Fat||Less than||25g|
Adapted from: Jamie Cooks It Up!
Looking for more festive bar recipes?