Be sure to subscribe to my newsletter HERE so you never miss a new recipe!
Chocolate Mint Thumbprint Cookies
- 1 c. butter, room temperature
- 2 c. white sugar
- 2 eggs
- 2 tsp vanilla
- 3 c. flour
- 1 c. cocoa
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 2 oz Chocolate Candiquik
- 1 1/2 c. white chocolate chips
- 1/2 of 14 oz can sweetened condensed milk
- 1/2 tsp mint extract
- Green Food Coloring
- In a large mixing bowl cream butter and sugar together until light and fluffy. Mix in eggs, one at a time. Add vanilla and mix until combined. Add cocoa, salt, baking soda, baking powder and flour. Mix until combined.
- Roll dough into 1 in. balls. Place on greased baking sheet or baking sheet lined with parchment paper. Press thumb into center of cookie to make a well.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 12 minutes. If the "thumbprint" disappear while cooking press center of cookie down again with the back of a wooden spoon or spatula. Cool on baking sheet 2 minutes. Remove to wire rack to finish cooling.
- For the fudge melt together white chocolate chips and sweetened condensed milk in small saucepan over medium heat, stirring continuously. Stir in mint extract. Spoon into center of cookies.
- Melt chocolate Candiquik according to package directions. Drizzle over cookies. Let the chocolate set and serve immediately or store in an air tight container.
by Julie Evink
|Serving Size||1 cookie|
|Amount Per Serving||As Served|
|Calories 169kcal Calories from fat 63|
|% Daily Value|
|Total Fat 7g||11%|
|Saturated Fat 4g||20%|
|Dietary Fiber 1g||4%|
Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your daily values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs:
|Total Fat||Less than||65g|
|Sat Fat||Less than||25g|
Looking for more Delicious Cookies?
Chocolate Cherry Thumbprint Cookies ~ Soft, Chocolate Cookies filled with Cherry Pie Filling and Drizzled with Chocolate!
Sweet Cherry Cookies ~ Soft, chewy and super simple cookies that will disappear in seconds!
Red Velvet Cookies ~ Soft red velvet cookies stuffed with chocolate chips and topped with cream cheese frosting!