Cinnamon Swirl Zucchini Bundt Cake ~ A fabulously moist zucchini cake with a cinnamon swirl and topped with a cinnamon glaze!
I thought my garden was going to produce a TON of zucchini, but that has yet to happen. I’m a little bit disappointed, but I did plant yellow summer squash this year and that is multiplying greatly.
Unfortunately I don’t’ know what I was thinking when I planted it. I have no idea what to do with it, so it sits on my cupboard. If you have an recommendations please feel free to share them with me! Can I use it in place of zucchini in recipes?
I have had a few zucchinis so far this year and have made a few fabulous recipes, but this is the first official “new” recipe to come to the blog. I did make a few old ones and rephotograph. Wow, just going to say they needed it BAD. I have a lot of learning to do with photography yet, but man it makes me realize how far I’ve come too!
This cake was a pure work of imagination. I started with a base Zucchini Bundt Cake, took the cinnamon swirl idea from this fabulous Cinnamon Swirl Banana Bread and then topped it with the cinnamon glaze inspired by the Cinnamon Frosted Zucchini Bars!
So this is officially a Julie’s Eats & Treats original and I’m proud of it!
If your garden is multiplying zucchini faster than rabbits reproduce….go make this amazing Cinnamon Swirl Zucchini Bundt Cake!
Make sure you don’t miss any of the fun stuff Julie’s Eats & Treats is up too!
Cinnamon Swirl Zucchini Bundt Cake
- 3 c. all-purpose flour
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- 8 oz cream cheese, softened
- 2 c. sugar
- 3 eggs
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 c. butter, melted and cooled
- 2 c. zucchini, shredded
- 1/3 c. sugar
- 1 Tbsp cinnamon
- 1/2 c. powdered sugar
- 1/4 tsp cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp vanilla
- 1-2 tsp milk
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Grease and flour a bundt pan.
- Cream the cream cheese and sugar on medium speed for 2 minutes. Add eggs one at a time, mixing for one minute after each addition. Mix in vanilla. Pour in melted butter and mix. Beat for 3 minutes with mixer on medium-high.
- Mix in flour, baking soda, baking powder and cinnamon until just incorporated. Add zucchini and mix.
- Stir cinnamon and sugar together in small bowl for cinnamon swirl.
- Pour half of cake batter into prepared bundt pan. Sprinkle cinnamon swirl mixture over batter. Top with the rest of the batter.
- Bake for 1 hour or until cake test done. Remove from oven and cool for 20 minutes. Then turn onto a wire rack and let it cool completely.
- Mix glaze ingredients together in small bowl. You want this to be a little thicker so it doesn't run down the cake. Add more milk if you want it thinner.
- Drizzle glaze over cake.
by Julie Evink
|Serving Size||1 piece|
|Amount Per Serving||As Served|
|Calories 301 Calories from fat 48|
|% Daily Value|
|Total Fat 5||8%|
|Saturated Fat 3||15%|
|Dietary Fiber 2||8%|
Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your daily values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs:
|Total Fat||Less than||65g||80g|
|Sat Fat||Less than||25g||80g|
This recipe may be shared on the following sites – Please give them a visit!
Our Delightful Home | Mandy’s Recipe Box | Lil’ Luna | Semi Homemade Mom | Weekend Potluck | Six Sisters’ Stuff | Pint Sized Baked | Flour Me With Love | Chef In Training | Inside BruCrew Life | Couponing & Cooking | High Heels & Grills | Buns In My Oven | Chocolate, Chocolate and More | Kitchen Meets Girl
Looking for more Zucchini recipes?