Mmmm doesn’t Creamy Vodka Meatball Pasta just remind you of being in some fancy restaurant, sipping a glass of wine, staring into your significant others eyes dreamily while music plays softly in the background.
News flash. This did not happen when I was enjoying this lovely dish.
It was more like “Ma, Ma” , sippy cup hits the floor, “Uh Oh”, “Dada”, etc.
It was not the romantic meal I had envisioned, but that’s ok right? At least I was able to enjoy a home cooked meal surrounded by my family.
Who’s kidding me? I’d LOVE to go out on a date night sometime here, but let’s get real. It doesn’t happen unless scheduled and let’s just say I haven’t scheduled one lately. Like in the last 4-5 months since we bought the “house”. Yup the thing that sucks the time right out of every moment of free time. Good thing I love that house. I really do. I think you truly appreciate things a lot more when you have to wait for them. Don’t get me wrong I didn’t enjoy waiting to be able to find a larger house that we could afford, but it was worth it!
So if you’d like to pretend you are out on a date night with the special person in your life this recipe is just for you!
Make sure you don’t miss any of the fun stuff Julie’s Eats & Treats is up too!
Creamy Vodka Meatball Pasta
- 1 package (2.5 lbs) frozen meatballs, thawed
- 2 Tbsp olive oil
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 tsp dried onion flakes
- 1 jar Vodka pasta sauce
- 1/4 tsp dried oregano
- 16 oz ziti pasta, cooked according to directions on package
- 2 c. Mozzarella cheese
- 1/2 c. Parmesan cheese
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Spray 9x13 glass pan with non stick spray and set aside.
- In a large skillet heat the olive oil over medium heat. Add the garlic and onion and saute over medium-low heat for about two minutes
- Add pasta sauce and oregano to skillet and mix. Heat until hot, about 5 minutes.
- Stir meatballs into the pasta sauce.
- Add the meatballs to your sauce. Bring pasta and meatballs to a simmer and let simmer for 5 minutes or until heated through.
- Mix together cooked pasta and meatballs together in a large bowl. Add Mozzarella cheese and stir well. Transfer to the prepared 9x13 in glass baking dish. Sprinkle with Parmesan.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes or until heated through and bubbling.
by Julie Evink
|Amount Per Serving||As Served|
|Calories 726kcal Calories from fat 372|
|% Daily Value|
|Total Fat 41g||63%|
|Saturated Fat 17g||85%|
|Dietary Fiber 2g||8%|
Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your daily values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs:
|Total Fat||Less than||65g|
|Sat Fat||Less than||25g|
Adapted from: Daily Dish Recipes
This recipe may be shared on the following sites – Please give them a visit!
Our Delightful Home | Mandy’s Recipe Box | Lil’ Luna | Semi Homemade Mom | Weekend Potluck | Six Sisters’ Stuff | Pint Sized Baked | Flour Me With Love | Chef In Training | Inside BruCrew Life | Couponing & Cooking | High Heels & Grills | Buns In My Oven | Chocolate, Chocolate and More | Kitchen Meets Girl
Looking for more Meatball Recipes?