Crescent Chicken Taco Pinwheels – An easy appetizer recipe filled with diced chicken, cream cheese, taco seasoning, and green chiles. It’s perfect for when you need a quick snack or dinner idea too!
Be sure to subscribe to my newsletter HERE so you never miss a new recipe!
Check out our online Home Decor & Clothing Boutique Drops of Sunshine!
These past few weeks have worn me out. I know I’m not alone. Don’t you just love the simplicity that the new year brings? It always feels so good to stop all the excess of the holidays and trim down in all areas of life. I often find myself thinking about what rooms I can clean out or what things I’d like to change. It really is a great feeling to start fresh.
With our busy school schedule, one of the must-dos is to keep our suppers simple around here. And sometimes the planning is half the battle. Well I love these Crescent Taco Chicken Pinwheels because they are made with ingredients I almost always have on hand. This is perfect if you are like me here lately and need a quick idea because you just can’t make it to the store that day.
For us, this is a Thursday night kind of meal. That’s the night where we are usually out of leftovers and need something small to make for just that one night. If you are only serving a small family, go ahead and half the recipe.
And if you need a quick snack or appetizer idea, these little beauties are the perfect answer! They really are perfect for parties. Who doesn’t love a crescent roll and cream cheese? In fact, I’ve never met a recipe with a crescent roll that I didn’t like. And I never turn down anything Mexican! With only a few ingredients, you’ve got one good little snack!
The recipe makes quite a few, so I made one batch with chopped black olives and one without them. That way everyone is happy around here. Enjoy this super simple little recipe next time you need a simple snack or supper idea!
Crescent Chicken Taco Pinwheels
Crescent Chicken Taco Pinwheels - An easy appetizer recipe filled with diced chicken, cream cheese, taco seasoning, and green chiles. It's perfect for when you need a quick snack or dinner idea too!
- 2 cans refrigerated crescent rolls
- 1 8 oz. cream cheese
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 1 taco seasoning packet
- 2 cups diced cooked chicken*
- 1 4 oz. can green chiles (do not drain liquid)
- Optional: 2 tbsp diced black olives, juice of 1/2 lime
- sour cream for serving
- Preheat oven to 375.
- Mix cream cheese, mayonnaise, and taco seasoning packet in a bowl with an electric mixer.
- Mix in diced chicken, green chiles, and optional black olives and lime juice.
- Unroll 1 crescent dough onto cutting board being careful not to separate into triangles. Press seams together to make one sheet of dough while spreading dough to about a 9 x 12 rectangle.
- Spread half the chicken taco mixture onto dough. Spread a thin layer to the edges on each side. Beginning on the long side, roll up dough. Slice into 3/4 inch slices and place on a baking sheet.
- Repeat with other can of crescent rolls and remaining chicken mixture.
- Bake at 375 for 14 to 16 minutes or until crescent rolls become golden brown. Serve warm with sour cream.
by Jaren Dubois
*I used precooked grilled chicken found in my grocery store's meat department to make this recipe even easier! *You can buy the seamless crescent dough sheets for this recipe if available at your local grocery store.
|Amount Per Serving||As Served|
|Calories 161kcal Calories from fat 88|
|% Daily Value|
|Total Fat 10g||15%|
|Saturated Fat 3g||15%|
|Dietary Fiber 1g||4%|
Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your daily values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs:
|Total Fat||Less than||65g|
|Sat Fat||Less than||25g|
Other recipes you might like:
Connect with Jaren: