Crock Pot Mac & Cheese ~ Your Favorite Macaroni and Cheese Made in Your Slow Cooker! Easy, Creamy, Deliciousness!
Be sure to subscribe to my newsletter HERE so you never miss a new recipe!
I have a confession to make. I’m a sucker for the blue box kind of mac and cheese. I’m not going to lie. It’s easy, it’s good and I go for it.
BUT I’ve been crazily pinning all kinds of Crock Pot Mac & Cheese recipes. The only problem is that I can only leave them in the crock pot for a few hours before the noodles turn to mush so obviously a weekday meal of this is out the book in my world.
When I knew I needed something to feed the hubs out at the house when he was working for lunch on Saturday I knew I had FINALLY come across the perfect time to try one of them.
I totally decided on this one because well it’s from Six Sisters’ Stuff and I might have a crush on them. I trust them. That says a lot. Another reason is because I read about a lot of the recipes curdling. That scared the living daylights out of me. It would have drove me straight back to the blue box. I totally didn’t want that to happen, so I went for this one.
Oh my goodness it was delicious. If you prefer a HIGH level of cheesiness to your noodles this recipe is calling out for you to MAKE IT. So go ahead and do it. You might never make another blue box again. I said MIGHT. I don’t know if I can go cold turkey. Maybe a ten step process is in order….
Crock Pot Mac & Cheese
- 2 c. uncooked elbow macaroni
- 4 Tbsp butter
- 2 1/2 c. grated sharp cheddar cheese
- 1/2 c. sour cream
- 1 (10.75 oz) can condensed cheddar cheese soup
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 c. milk
- 1/2 tsp dry mustard
- 1/2 tsp black pepper
- Spray Crock Pot with non-stick cooking spray.
- Boil the macaroni in water for six minutes, drain. You don't want to overcook this!
- Mix butter and cheese over medium high heat in a saucepan. Stir until it melts.
- In your Crock Pot combine the cheese mixture, sour cream, soup, salt, milk, mustard and pepper. Add drained macaroni. Give it a big old stir.
- Cook in Crock Pot for 2 - 2 1/2 hours on low, stirring occasionally. Just until it's hot. If you let it cook to long the noodles will turn to mush!
by Julie Evink
|Amount Per Serving||As Served|
|Calories 363kcal Calories from fat 212|
|% Daily Value|
|Total Fat 24g||37%|
|Saturated Fat 14g||70%|
|Dietary Fiber 1g||4%|
Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your daily values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs:
|Total Fat||Less than||65g|
|Sat Fat||Less than||25g|
Recipe from: Six Sisters Stuff