Easy Chicken Fried Rice ~ Loaded with Veggies, Eggs, Chicken and Rice! On the Table in 30 Minutes!
Be sure to subscribe to my newsletter HERE so you never miss a new recipe!
One would think that since I’m a food blogger I have an endless supply of weeknight recipes and I never run out of ideas. This is so wrong in every sense of any way. I’m just like you. I run out of ideas, get in a rut and really don’t want to make dinner at the end of a day.
Or do you know that feeling of going and getting groceries then when you get home you have nothing to make for dinner? That was me last week. Miss K and I went and got groceries and I had this wonderful meal plan figured out. You’d think this would be a piece of cake. By the time I got done dragging a kid around the grocery store after work. Hauling in the groceries and trying to entertain a kid I was exhausted. I pulled a frozen pizza out and threw it on the grill. Yes I did. Don’t judge. Miss K was ecstatic. She thinks it’s the best thing when we grill pizza and eat dinner out on the patio. In fact every time we sit on the patio she looks at me with big eyes and says Pizza, Pizza? I mean, I made her dream come true!
Are we all nodding our heads in agreement and thinking, “Oh we’ve been there”. Enter this amazing Easy Chicken Fried Rice. It will come together in 30 minutes and your family will be beaming from ear to ear at the new meal. Mom will be happy b because we have other stuff to get done at night. I mean yes I love being in the kitchen slaving away, but we all know we’d rather be somewhere else most of the time or more so we know we have other stuff to get accomplished at night!
If you are looking for an easy recipe to get you out of the weeknight meal rut this is your answer. Add it to your recipe box and put a fun new twist into dinner time plus save yourself time! I promise you won’t regret trying this recipe!
Recipe adapted from: Taste of Home
Looking for more easy weeknight meals?
Cordon Bleu Bubble Up ~ Comforting casserole full of biscuits, Alfredo sauce, chicken, ham and swiss cheese!
Hamburger Stroganoff ~ An easy weeknight supper that will impress the whole family and have Mom smiling!
Mac & Cheese Lasagna ~ Easy weeknight meal with only 4 Ingredients!!!
Easy Chicken Fried Rice
- 1 package (12 ounces) frozen mixed vegetables
- 1 tablespoons olive oil
- 4 eggs, lightly beaten
- 4 tablespoons sesame oil, divided
- 3 packages (8.8 ounces each) ready-to-serve garden vegetable rice
- 1 lb skinless chicken breasts, cooked and shredded
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- Prepare frozen vegetables according to package directions.
- In a large skillet heat 1 Tbsp olive oil over medium heat and pour in eggs. Cook eggs stirring frequently until eggs are scrambled and cooked through. Remove from pan and place in bowl.
- Heat 2 Tbsp sesame oil in skillet and remaining olive oil over medium heat. Add rice to skillet at cook for 10-12 minutes or until rice is just beginning to brown.
- Stir in chicken, salt and pepper to rice. Add eggs and vegetables. Heat mixture through.
by Julie Evink
|Amount Per Serving||As Served|
|Calories 337 Calories from fat 300|
|% Daily Value|
|Total Fat 33||51%|
|Saturated Fat 4||20%|
|Dietary Fiber 1||4%|
Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your daily values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs:
|Total Fat||Less than||65g||80g|
|Sat Fat||Less than||25g||80g|