Lemon Garlic Spaghetti with Sundried Tomatoes is an easy side or main dish to prepare for your entire family, loaded with fresh and juicy flavors and textures thanks to the citruses, tomatoes, herbs and pine nuts.
Hi there! I’m Jessica and I blog at Jessiker Bakes,
where I share mostly healthy recipes with a twist and my favorite desserts.
Today I am sharing an easy family main or side dish for family of four that can be easily doubled. This Lemon Garlic Spaghetti was a favorite with my family because it was simple but also tasty it was. This is a change from the typical heavily sauced spaghetti. This spaghetti is almost self-saucing offering an explosion of flavors from the lemon juice, garlic, sundried tomatoes and pine nuts. You end up with a delicious, filling and light meal that you’ll definitely be making again.
My favorite part would definitely by the sundried tomatoes and the pine nuts. I can’t explain the flavor these contribute! Even non-tomato lovers will enjoy these that can easily be bought in your supermarket. For even more flavor you can use the olive oil in the glass of sundried tomatoes in place of EVOO – it’s also useful since you only have one thing to buy instead of two! I love how the flavors remind me of summer with the bright tomatoes, lemon and the herbs added on top. If it’s still snowing or cold where you live this spaghetti is bound to brighten up your surroundings!
This can be eaten alone to serve 4 or as a side dish and can serve 6-8 people with your meal. Enjoy!
Lemon Garlic Spaghetti with Sundried Tomatoes
- 8 oz spaghetti
- 4 sundried tomatoes, chopped
- 2 tablespoons Extra Virgin Olive Oil/Sundried Tomato Olive Oil
- 2 teaspoons parsley, chopped (or herb of your choice)
- 1 clove garlic, crushed
- 2 tbsp lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon pine nuts
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 1 small lime squeezed over the top
- Prepare pasta as per instructions on the box in a large pot of salty water. Drain pasta.
- Heat olive oil and garlic in a large pan over medium-high heat, until garlic is cooked slightly for about 2 minutes, stirring constantly.
- Ensure all your ingredients are nearby.
- Toss the pasta in the olive oil to coat, then immediately add the salt, pepper and lemon juice.
- Toss the pasta until all ingredients are mixed and turn off heat (you don't want to dry out the pasta).
- Add the sundried tomatoes in the pan and the pine nuts and toss again.
- Add the parsley or herb of your choice on top and squeeze a small lime over the top to bring out even more flavours.
- Serve immediately, or if reheating, microwave with a little bit of water in the bowl.
Skillet Spaghetti ~ Quick, easy homemade spaghetti! Only uses one skillet!
Mexican Chicken Spaghetti – Spice up your dinner time with this!
Chicken Bruschetta Pasta – One Skillet Meal to feed the entire family!
Sesame Noodles with Honey Ginger Sauce – 20 minute homemade Chinese takeout at $1 per serving!
Make sure you don’t miss any of the fun stuff Julie’s Eats & Treats is up to!