Mint Chocolate Chip Mousse ~ Light and fluffy mousse flavored with Peppermint for the holidays!
Even though the counters are piled high with cookies and treats we always seem to think we need a dessert at our holiday gatherings! We could easily get by with just munching on all the treats but there is something about a festive dessert that tops off the meal. Or maybe I just have to uncontrollable sweet tooth. Now that I think about it it’s probably the latter of the two.
In fact now that I’m typing this I’m dreaming of a dessert I can try out on the family at Christmas. Knowing me it will be a festive Valentine’s Day treat since you know I am a blogger. At Thanksgiving I served a Mint dessert. Don’t worry I made a pumpkin one too! I’m always a little bit ahead of the game. Well, I try to be at least. Sometimes I have an epic fail and am scrambling at the last minute. #notpretty
I love how this dessert was light and fluffy but had the crunch from the chocolate chips and the surprise of being loaded with a peppermint flavor!
I found this recipe inside the pages of the Gooseberry Hometown Christmas cookbook. I adore all of their recipes because they are simple, delicious and easy. All musts in my book! Here’s the lineup of the recipe book!
- Breakfast with Santa – Tons of recipes special enough for Christmas morning breakfast!
- Sledding Party Warmers – Stuffed full of soups that will warm the bellies of your guest right through the holiday season!
- Old Fashioned Christmas Dinner – Recipes special enough to grace your table for the main event!
- Open House …You’re Invited! – Brimming to the top with lots of appetizers and drinks for those fun holiday parties!
- Tree – Trimming Treats – Lots of Christmas treats for everybody. I LOVED this section for quite obvious reasons!
- Slow – Cooker Comfort Foods – I’m all about easy crock pot recipe so this was one of my favorites!
- Coming Home for Christmas – All kinds of memories shared about coming home for Christmas
Wishing you had a copy just like me? Well it’s your lucky day! I’m giving one away just for you! Enter below and have a very Merry Christmas!
Got Peppermint on the mind?
Peppermint Chocolate Chip Mousse
- 1 (3.9 oz) package instant chocolate pudding
- 1 1/2 c. milk
- 1 tsp peppermint extract
- 1 (16 oz) container Cool Whip
- 1 c. semi-sweet chocolate chips
- In a large mixing bowl combine pudding mix and milk; whisk for 2 minutes. Chill in refrigerator for 5 minutes, until soft soft.
- In a separate bowl mix together peppermint extract and Cool Whip. Fold Cool Whip and chocolate chips into pudding.
- Cover and chill until serving time. Serve in individual dishes garnishing with extra whipped topping and chocolate syrup.
by Julie Evink