I find it quite interesting that whenever I use a “descriptive” title for one of my recipes it immediately becomes one of my most popular recipes. Now if I would have just called these “Pumpkin Bars” would you have been as likely to come on over and check this recipe out? I think not.
These yummy little treat comes from my sister-in-law, who got it from her mother, who got it from a co-worker and after that I lost track of the recipe trail. If it’s made it through that many people I think it’s a given that you need to make it too!
If you are looking for a simple Thanksgiving treat go ahead and make these. It’s a twist on pumpkin so if you are tired of plain old pumpkin pie these would be perfect.
P.S. My hubby is already on his second bar….I think someone likes them!
Orgasmic Pumpkin Bars
- 1 Box Yellow Cake Mix (Reserve 1 c. for topping)
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1/2 c. butter, meted
- 1 (15 oz) can Libby's pumpkin
- 2 eggs
- 2/3 c. milk
- 1/2 c. brown sugar, packed
- 3 tsp cinnamon
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1 c. yellow cake mix (That you reserved)
- 1/2 c. butter, softened
- 3/4 c. sugar
- Preheat 350 degrees
- Mix base ingredients well and press into a 9x13 cake pan
- Mix middle ingredients well and pour over base.
- Mix topping well, until it's crumbly and sprinkle over middle layer.
- Bake 50-60 minutes or until it is golden brown and middle is set.
by Julie Evink