Can you believe the 4th of July is right around the corner?
It’s my one long weekend at the cabin over the summer and I get super pumped to do nothing but hang out with the family, going out on the pontoon and this year take Miss K to the beach! I know she will love it. She’s our little fish that’s for sure.
Another thing I get excited about is all the festive Red, White & Blue treats and crafts that come out of the woodwork in Blog Land. I really thing that it might be even more exciting than the Christmas treats that are everywhere in December. I must have some strong American roots! Well as strong as they can get when you relate them to food, but hey I relate everything to food. Kind of a job hazard.
If you are looking for a super easy, but festive treat that will wow everyone at your 4th of July party then here’s your treat! These bars are soft and amazing but way less work than sugar cookies, but they are just as impressive!
Have a wonderful 4th of July!
Make sure you don’t miss any of the fun stuff Julie’s Eats & Treats is up too!
Patriotic Swirl Sugar Cookie Bars
- 1 1/2 C. Sugar
- 1 C Butter, softened
- 8 oz cream cheese, softened
- 1 Egg
- 1/2 t. almond extract
- 1 t. vanilla
- 1 t. baking powder
- 1/2 t. baking soda
- 2 1/2 c. Flour
- Red Food Coloring
- 1/4 c. butter, softened
- 2 oz. cream cheese, softened
- 2 c. powdered sugar
- 2-3 T Milk
- 1/2 t. vanilla
- Blue Food Coloring
- Patriotic Sprinkles
- First beat the butter, cream cheese, sugar and egg until nice and frothy. This will take about 4 min.
- Add vanilla and almond extract. Beat about 1 min.
- Add flour, baking powder, and baking soda. Beat about 2 min. It will be light and fluffy. Separate half of the dough into a small bowl. Add red food coloring and mix well.
- Alternate large spoonfuls of dough (i.e. red then white, then red) into greased jelly roll pan. Smooth out dough and run knife through it to swirl it. Bake at 350 degrees for about 20-25 minutes. Cool completely.
- Frosting – Combine butter and cream cheese. Beat about 2 min. Add the powdered sugar, milk, vanilla and food coloring. Mix 1-2 min until smooth. Spread over bars and sprinkle with sprinkles.
by Julie Evink
|Amount Per Serving||As Served|
|Calories 317kcal Calories from fat 151|
|% Daily Value|
|Total Fat 17g||26%|
|Saturated Fat 10g||50%|
|Dietary Fiber 0g||0%|
Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your daily values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs:
|Total Fat||Less than||65g|
|Sat Fat||Less than||25g|
This recipe may be shared on the following sites – Please give them a visit!
Our Delightful Home | Mandy’s Recipe Box | Lil’ Luna | Semi Homemade Mom | Weekend Potluck | Six Sisters’ Stuff | Pint Sized Baked | Flour Me With Love | Chef In Training | Inside BruCrew Life | Couponing & Cooking | High Heels & Grills | Buns In My Oven | Chocolate, Chocolate and More | Kitchen Meets Girl
Looking for more Patriotic treats?