Another month has FLEW by. I swear I blinked and here we are again. I might have a few things going on in my life so that might be the cause! This mean it’s time for the Secret Recipe Club reveal day.
This month I was assigned the blog Feast on the Cheap. Oh my goodness so many yummy things and those photographs are amazing. Truly makes you want to gobble up everything on that page. Another thing that is super cool about this blog is that they list the prices of the recipes and even have different categories for how much money you want to spend on your meal!
Since it’s summer I was drawn to the S’more Brownies obviously. I can’t wait to sit by the fire this summer and roast some marshmallows. It’s one of my guilty pleasures. I always use peanut butter on my graham crackers so I switched this up a bit and included that in the recipe.
The best part is now you can have your S’mores in the middle of the winter!
Make sure you don’t miss any of the fun stuff Julie’s Eats & Treats is up too!
FACEBOOK | PINTEREST | TWITTER | INSTAGRAM | RSS
- 3 Tbsp butter
- 3 Tbsp unsweetened applesauce
- 1 cup peanut butter chips
- 3/4 c. all-purpose flour
- 1/4 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1 c. sugar
- 2 eggs
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 1/4 sleeves graham crackers
- 1/2 c. chocolate chips
- 5 oz. bag marshmallows
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Line a 7x11 inch glass pan with parchment paper. Butter parchment paper. Arrange a layer of graham crackers on top of parchment paper.
- Bring a double boiler to a simmer. Combine butter, apple sauce and peanut butter chips in double boiler. Stir until melted and creamy. Set aside.
- In a small bowl whisk together flour, baking powder and salt. Set aside.
- In a stand mixer combine eggs sugar and vanilla. Beat on medium high speed using the whisk for about 4 minutes until pale and creamy. Add peanut butter mixture and beat until just combined. Reduce speed and slowly mix in flour mixture. Mix until just combined.
- Spread half of the peanut butter batter over the layer of graham crackers. Sprinkle with half of the chocolate chips. Add another layer of graham crackers and pour the remaining batter over that and sprinkle with the remaining chocolate chips.
- Bake 35 minutes or until they test done. Make sure they are done! Remove from oven. Sprinkle with marshmallows
- Adjust broiler rack to lowest spot in oven. Preheat broiler to low. Broil brownies until the marshmallows are puffy and golden. WATCH CLOSELY. They will burn quickly! I kept the oven door open a crack to watch them.
- Cool and cut with a sharp knife. This can be tricky!
Our Delightful Home | Mandy’s Recipe Box | Lil’ Luna | Semi Homemade Mom | Weekend Potluck | Six Sisters’ Stuff | Pint Sized Baked | Flour Me With Love | Chef In Training | Inside BruCrew Life | Couponing & Cooking | High Heels & Grills | Buns In My Oven | Chocolate, Chocolate and More | Kitchen Meets Girl
Make sure you don’t miss any of the fun stuff Julie’s Eats & Treats is up to!