It’s Secret Recipe Club time again! Another month has flown by again. I feel like I say this quite frequently in life and it kind of scares the living daylights out of me. Life just flies by!
This month I was assigned the blog The Avid Appetite. Rachel has a wonderful blog over there and an even cuter little baby, Penelope. As a new mom Rachel had me at hello. I was off to find some recipes and I ended up choosing the Peanut Butter & Jelly Bars. Oh My Goodness. Get in my mouth now. Is it weird I’m sitting her dreaming about them sitting at home on my counter? They are that good.
I’ve actually been eying these bars up whenever I come across them but for some reason the thought of PB&J that wasn’t on my toast was kind of freaking me out. Now, reflecting back on this, I have no idea why I was such a scaredy cat. I’m glad I found these over on Rachel’s blog and it gave me the final push to make them. My life forever has changed. Obviously PB&J is not meant just for my toast.
Make sure you don’t miss any of the fun stuff Julie’s Eats & Treats is up too!
Peanut Butter & Jelly Bars
- 1 c. butter, at room temperature
- 1 1/2 c. sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 2 large eggs, at room temperature
- 2 c. creamy peanut butter
- 3 c. all-purpose flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 1/2 c. jam of your choosing
- 2/3 C salted peanuts, coarsely chopped, optional
- Confectioners' sugar, for dusting
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Grease 13x9 inch baking pan.
- Cream together butter and sugar until light and fluffy, about 2 minutes. Add eggs, vanilla and peanut butter. Mix until combined.
- Add flour and baking powder. Mix until well combined.
- Spread 2/3 of the batter mixture onto the bottom of the pan. Spread jam over the batter. Leave about 1/2 inch around the sides without jam. Drop the remaining dough over the jam, in about teaspoon size drops.
- Bake for about 25-30 minutes until the edges start to brown. Remove from from oven.
by Julie Evink
|Amount Per Serving||As Served|
|Calories 8806kcal Calories from fat 4164|
|% Daily Value|
|Total Fat 463g||712%|
|Saturated Fat 174g||870%|
|Dietary Fiber 41g||164%|
Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your daily values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs:
|Total Fat||Less than||65g|
|Sat Fat||Less than||25g|
This recipe may be shared on the following sites – Please give them a visit!
Our Delightful Home | Mandy’s Recipe Box | Lil’ Luna | Semi Homemade Mom | Weekend Potluck | Six Sisters’ Stuff | Pint Sized Baked | Flour Me With Love | Chef In Training | Inside BruCrew Life | Couponing & Cooking | High Heels & Grills | Buns In My Oven | Chocolate, Chocolate and More