Peppermint Buttermilk Brownies ~ Your favorite Buttermilk Brownies with a Peppermint Twist!
Are you a avid Black Friday shopper? Did you get trampled at the stores at 4 am this morning while I was snuggly tucked in my bed? If you did I hope it was worth it!
I on the other hand, am all about the online shopping over the Black Friday weekend and into Cyber Monday. I did the whole Black Friday shopping extravaganza once and that was enough for me. I suppose I might do it again if I REALLY wanted something and it was a REALLY good deal, but I never find those deals, so I stay safely tucked in my bed. What about you? Did you find an amazing deals I’d be jealous of?
Since Christmas season is officially upon us I decided I’d kick things off with a Peppermint recipe of course! I always think Peppermint treats ring in Christmas like no other recipe. This recipe is adapted from my Mom’s famous Buttermilk Brownie. It’s one of her most requested recipes so I thought why not adapt a tried and true recipe for the season? It’s much more safe than going out on a limb with another recipe and well, I sometimes like safe henceforth me staying in bed on Black Friday!
If you are in the mood for more Peppermint recipe stay tuned this next week because I have a bunch more up my sleeve as I host a Peppermint Week!
Looking for more Peppermint Recipes?
Peppermint Buttermilk Brownies
- 1/2 c, butter
- 1/4 c. cocoa
- 1/2 c. oil
- 1 c. water
- 2 c. flour
- 2 c. sugar
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 c. buttermilk
- 2 eggs
- 1 tsp soda
- 2 tsp peppermint
- 1/3 c. buttermilk
- 1/2 c. cocoa
- 1/2 c. butter
- 3 1/2 c. powdered sugar
- 1 (4.67 oz) package Andes Peppermint Crunch Thins, chopped
- In a large mixing bowl combine flour, sugar and salt. Set aside.
- In a large saucepan bring butter, cocoa, oil and water to a boil. Remove from heat. Pour over dry ingredients in large mixing bowl. Mix until combined.
- Add buttermilk, eggs, soda and peppermint. Mix until combined. Pour into a greased jelly roll pan. Bake at 350 degrees for 25 minutes or until brownies test done. Remove from oven.
- Immediately mix together buttermilk, cocoa and butter to a boil in a saucepan over medium-high heat. Stir in powdered sugar. Spread over warm bars. Sprinkle with Andes Mints.
by Julie Evink