Ramen Noodles add a fun spin on typical stir-fry that you’d normal serve over rice plus an extra crunch from coleslaw mix!
The night I made this wonderful Stir-Fry my niece had called to see if she could come swipe a part for the Wii she had broke and NEEDED immediately. She was going to die if she couldn’t play her Wii, so obviously because I’m a cool aunt I saved her.
When she showed up with her Mom I was busy sitting on the floor photographing my supper. This is a totally normal occurrence in my life and my family seems to have began to feel this is normal too. So I’m chit chatting away, not looking up, while taking my pictures. This may have included yelling at my husband when he flipped on the overhead light, because duh, everyone knows natural light is the winner, artificial is not right?!
Well, when I eventually looked up there was a random girl in my living room. I immediately looked at her and said, “You must think I’m very odd right now.” She just grinned and giggled. Yes, yes, now she thinks my niece has a weird aunt. But hey, I do it for you guys! So I’ll be weird so you can keep coming back for insanely yummy dishes.
This is a bit out of my husbands “comfortable” food range. I, on the other hand, was SUPER excited about it probably because it was out of the “normal”. I was a tad bit nervous of what Miss K was going to do with it because she’s going through one of those, I like it today, I’m not going to like this tomorrow stages. My saving grace, there is always grilled cheese she likes everyday.
I’m proud to report that she was two fisting noodles into her mouth as fast as she could. It was Miss K approved! As for the hubs, he informed me if I’d just make the Ramen noodles and pork he’d be good. Heck, if I should sneak anything healthy into it!
Make sure you don’t miss any of the fun stuff Julie’s Eats & Treats is up too!
Pork & Ramen Stir-Fry
- 1/4 c. reduced-sodium soy sauce
- 2 Tbsp ketchup
- 2 Tbsp Worcestershire sauce
- 2 tsp sugar
- 1/4 tsp crushed red pepper flakes
- 3 tsp canola oil, divided
- 1 lb boneless pork loin chops, cut in 1/2 in strips
- 1 c. broccoli florets
- 4 c. coleslaw mix
- 1 can (8oz) bamboo shoots, drained
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 pkg (3 oz each) Ramen noodles
- Whisk the first five ingredients together in a small bowl.
- In a large skillet, heat 2 tsp oil over medium heat. Add pork and cook until no longer pink. Remove from pan.
- Add remaining oil to pan and cook broccoli for 3 minutes. Add coleslaw mix, bamboo shoots and garlic. Stir Fry 3-4 minutes or until broccoli is crisp-tender. Stir in soy sauce mixture and pork. Heat through.
- Meanwhile, cook noodles according to package directions. Discard seasoning mix from Ramen noodles. Drain and then add noodles to the pork mixtures.
- Toss to combine.
by Julie Evink
|Amount Per Serving||As Served|
|Calories 542kcal Calories from fat 210|
|% Daily Value|
|Total Fat 23g||35%|
|Saturated Fat 7g||35%|
|Dietary Fiber 4g||16%|
Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your daily values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs:
|Total Fat||Less than||65g|
|Sat Fat||Less than||25g|
This recipe may be shared on the following sites – Please give them a visit!
Our Delightful Home | Mandy’s Recipe Box | Lil’ Luna | Semi Homemade Mom | Weekend Potluck | Six Sisters’ Stuff | Pint Sized Baked | Flour Me With Love | Chef In Training | Inside BruCrew Life | Couponing & Cooking | High Heels & Grills | Buns In My Oven | Chocolate, Chocolate and More | Kitchen Meets Girl
Looking for more supper ideas?