Sausage Green Pepper Wontons ~ Crispy Wontons loaded with sausage and green peppers! Easy entertaining idea for all of your party needs!
I’m not going to lie I’m a big fan of all the sweets around the holiday season. You can bet that I’ll be found munching on them around the dessert table, snitching one here and there at home and probably over all indulging just a little to much.
You know what else I’m a huge fan of? Appetizers. In fact I’m hosting one of our family Christmas’s and it’s all appetizers. What’s not to love about dips, finger foods etc? They are just so much fun to eat! Plus when they are little bite size morsels I always feel like I’m not indulging quite so much.
I’m right aren’t I? Even if I’m not don’t tell me because I like to think that! It’s kind of like when you eat half the cookie and yet you go back and eat the other half a few minutes later. You don’t feel quite as guilty because it’s was only half right? Rationalizing the situation. I’m excel in that. Especially when it comes to food.
Sausage Green Pepper Wontons are the perfect little appetizers that come together quickly and effortlessly so you can enjoy your party and not slave over the food the whole time! Plus a few bites and they are gone. Perfect when you are going to have multiple, which trust me you will, and then rationalize the fact that they are small you so can have more!
From shopping for gifts to planning family dinners, it’s hard to keep up with all your holiday to-do’s. This year, Kraft is helping out with great weeknight meals and entertaining ideas to make the season a little bit easier. Plus, Kraft is offering up to $20 in coupons, redeemable exclusively at Target, to make food shopping easier and to help you have a happy holiday season.
This is a sponsored conversation written by me on behalf of Kraft. The opinions and text are all mine.
Sausage Green Pepper Wontons
- 2 c. (1 lb) sausage, cooked and crumbled
- 1 tsp seasoned salt
- 1 1/2 c. Kraft® cheddar cheese, shredded
- 1 1/2 c. Kraft® Monterey Jack cheese, shredded
- 1 c. Kraft® Buttermilk Ranch Dressing
- 1/2 c. chopped green pepper
- 12 wonton wrappers
- Lightly grease 2 muffin tins. Press one wonton wrapper in each muffin cup. Bake 5 minutes until lightly brown. Remove and let cool on cookie sheet.
- Brown sausage and seasoned salt. Drain grease from sausage. Put sausage in bowl and add Kraft® cheddar cheese, Kraft® Monterey Jack cheese, Kraft® Buttermilk Ranch Dressing and green peppers. Mix with rubber spatula.
- Fill each cooked wonton with filling and place on cookie sheet. Bake at 350 degrees for additional five minutes or until bubbly.
by Julie Evink
|Serving Size||2 Wontons|
|Amount Per Serving||As Served|
|Calories 396kcal Calories from fat 249|
|% Daily Value|
|Total Fat 28g||43%|
|Saturated Fat 10g||50%|
|Dietary Fiber 1g||4%|
Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your daily values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs:
|Total Fat||Less than||65g|
|Sat Fat||Less than||25g|