Skinny Strawberry Banana Ice Box Cake Recipe ~ Easy, Traditional Ice Box Cake Recipe Stuffed with Bananas, Strawberries, Graham Crackers and Vanilla Pudding! Plus it’s Lightened Up for a Guilt Free Dessert!
Be sure to subscribe to my newsletter HERE so you never miss a new recipe!
Whoop, Whoop it’s back to school time around here! Or are you hiding in the corner crying? I find that there seems to be a lot of mixed emotions about this topic. I, personally, remember as a kid that I was torn from the ease of summer days and freedom and seeing all my friends back at school. As a parent it seems to be much of the same feelings. Torn between the lazy, relaxed days of summer and the schedule and routine of school. I think the only good thing about back to school is probably the shopping part. That, I can always get into! The smell of fresh new school supplies and clothes. The excitement of finding out who your teacher is for the school year. Now, that my friends, brings back good memories. Ask me a week into school and that newness would have quickly worn off and the grind of the school year would be in full force!
Here, in the great land of Minnesota, we have a few weeks before school actually hits. It’s a state law that public schools can’t start until after Labor Day so we get to make the most out of summer! Pretty awesome right? Other than the fact that then we don’t get long spring breaks or any of that fun! As a kid I was a bit jealous of people that would get a week off in the spring. It seems like about that time of the year you really didn’t think that school would ever get over. Anyone remember that?
I, of course, need a sweet treat to celebrate the first day of school when the kids come home from school! That’s why I made you this decadent Skinny Strawberry Banana Ice Box Cake. Can you believe it’s the first Ice Box cake that I’ve ever made? It’s a little bit embarrassing since I quickly learned how easy they were! I think I’ve been missing out here. Plus they look impressive so you look like a rock star and I’m all for helping you look like a rock star! I lightened up this dessert for you with the help of my friends over at Silk by using Silk Vanilla Cashew Milk in the pudding. Layer on the bananas, strawberries and lighter versions of pudding, graham crackers and Cool Whip and you have an awesome “Skinny” version of this terrific treat!
Make sure to pick up some new Vanilla and Chocolate Silk Cashew Milk. Head on over to their website to sign up and get a coupon for yourself! Plus they have a ton of fabulous recipes there too!
This conversation is sponsored by Silk. The opinions and text are all mine.
More Delicious Ice Box Cakes!
Blueberry Ice Box Cake ~ Easy, No Bake Dessert Recipe Stacked with Coconut Cookies, Creamy Topping and Blueberry Pie Filling!
Peanut Butter Fudge Icebox Cake ~ A creamy and decadent no-bake dessert filled with layers of chocolate graham crackers, peanut butter cream, hot fudge sauce, and whipped cream!
Skinny Strawberry Banana Ice Box Cake Recipe
- 2 Bananas, sliced
- 4 c. sliced strawberries
- 8 oz tub Cool Whip Fat Free topping, thawed
- 1 (3.4 oz) box Sugar-Free Fat-Free Vanilla pudding
- 1 c. Silk Vanilla Cashew Milk
- 21 reduced-fat graham cracker sheets
- Additional bananas and strawberries for topping
- In a medium sized bowl, whisk together pudding mix and almond milk for two minutes or until pudding starts to thicken. Let stand for 5 minutes
- Gently fold Cool Whip into pudding mixture.
- Spread a small amount of pudding mixture onto the bottom of a 9''x13'' glass baking dish.
- Top pudding mixture with 7 graham crackers sheets to form a single layer over pudding mixture. Top with a very thin layer of pudding mixture. Place 1/2 of bananas, then 1/2 of the strawberries on top of crackers. Top with 1/3 of the remaining pudding mixture. Repeat layers.Top with remaining pudding mixture.
- Refrigerate for 4-6 hours before servings.
- Garnish with strawberries and bananas if desired, serve immediately.
by Julie Evink