Got that Halloween costume all picked out? Got the kids ready for Halloween and the mantel decorated?
Are you one of those people that hand makes their costumes and goes all out?
I hate you. Well not really, but really I might. I’m just jealous. I can bake. I can cook. I’m not real creative to say the least. I struggle with Halloween and therefore I dislike it because it makes me feel like a slight failure. So I avoid it and try not to be the lame person that doesn’t dress up when everyone goes out and has a good time. I secretly come up with and excuse that I’m “busy” that night.
It’s really just that I’m not creative and slightly lame. Please, please tell me I’m not the only one.
So while you are off making love with your sewing machine and Halloween costume I’m going to keep coming up with all kinds of Halloween treats that are super yummy and fantastic because I can do that. And boy do I do it well. Take this amazing snack mix for instance. It’s loaded with Chex, peanuts, Candy Corn, Candy Corn M&M’s and pretzels. Then I gave it a nice bath in some vanilla Candiquik.
It’s sweet. It’s salty. It’s heaven. Sweet+Salty=Heaven.
Following me? Good. Now get off that rear and go make this. Oh P.S. you might have to invite your brother-in-law over then stuff him full of these Caramel Apple Muffins and then send him how with a huge bag full of this snack mix because, well, you can’t keep your fingers out of it. This may or may not be a true story straight from Julie’s life.
Looking for more Halloween inspired treats?
Sweet Candy Corn Snack Mix
- 1 (12.8 oz) box of Rice Chex Mix
- 3 c. pretzels
- 2 c. candy corn
- 1 (9.9 oz) candy corn M&M's
- 1 (16 oz) package vanilla Candiquik
- 2 c. peanuts
- 2 squares chocolate Candiquik
- Put all ingredients except vanilla and chocolate Candiquik into a large bowl.
- Melt vanilla Candiquik according to package directions. Pour over mixture in large bowl and mix until everything is covered. Spread out on wax paper.
- Melt chocolate Candiquik according to package directions. Drizzle over snack mix. Let set.
- Store in airtight container.
by Julie Evink