Well you all know about the house project. We are as busy as ever and I get to provide lunch on Saturday for all of our “helpers”. I’m starting to run out of ideas… Plus I’m totally sick of chips as a side for every meal. I needed a new twist to through in there.
When I saw this idea for Taco Chex Mix over at Shugary Sweets I knew it was calling my name. A different snack for the afternoons out the house plus a twist on plain old Chex Mix not that I don’t love that too!
I adapted it a little and we loved it! If you are looking for a quick and easy snack mix with a bit of a zest to it this is it!
Plus make your own Taco Seasoning and it’s even cheaper!
Make sure you don’t miss any of the fun stuff Julie’s Eats & Treats is up too!
Taco Chex Mix
- 4 c. chex cereal
- 4 c. oyster crackers
- 4 c. Cheez-Its
- 4 c. butter spindle pretzels
- 1/3 c. canola oil
- 1/4 c. taco seasoning mix (if you want it more mild start with 1/8 c.)
- Preheat oven to 250 degrees.
- Double line a paper bag.
- Pour cereal, crackers and pretzels into paper bag. Top with taco seasoning and oil. Fold top of bag down and shake until mixed well.
- Pour snack mix onto two large baking sheets (with sides). Bake at 250 degrees for 1 hour, stirring every 15 minutes.
- Cool. Pour into air tight container.
by Julie Evink
|Amount Per Serving||As Served|
|Calories 8714kcal Calories from fat 1045|
|% Daily Value|
|Total Fat 116g||178%|
|Saturated Fat 12g||60%|
|Dietary Fiber 184g||736%|
Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your daily values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs:
|Total Fat||Less than||65g|
|Sat Fat||Less than||25g|
This recipe may be shared on the following sites – Please give them a visit!
Our Delightful Home | Mandy’s Recipe Box | Lil’ Luna | Semi Homemade Mom | Weekend Potluck | Six Sisters’ Stuff | Pint Sized Baked | Flour Me With Love | Chef In Training | Inside BruCrew Life | Couponing & Cooking | High Heels & Grills | Buns In My Oven | Chocolate, Chocolate and More