Twice Baked Potato Casserole ~ Light Fluffy Potatoes Loaded with Cheese, Bacon and Sour Cream!
I LOVE twice baked potatoes so when I saw this recipe I knew it was right up my alley of course. Plus with this dish I can make it ahead of time and pop it in the oven when I need it.
I was craving Sweet ‘N’ Sour Meatballs and thought this recipe would be the perfect accompaniment. I knew I wouldn’t have enough time to make this meal plus get to volleyball so I made both recipes and stuck them in the fridge for the next night. Then I got to looking and realized and I now had 3 lbs of meatballs and 5 lbs of potatoes. My hubby is hearty eater but not quite that hearty!
Time to call in reinforcements. After a quick text to my ‘lil bro and ‘lil bro in law I had rounded up my victims for supper. They raved about it. I must say I think I might call them again for when I need a confidence boost! Bro in law even said the text message was the highlight of his day and he hadn’t ate this good of a supper for over a month. He possibly could have been sucking up but I think he was just being honest!
If you are in charge of the potatoes for your Easter get together these would be perfect!
Twice Baked Potato Casserole
- 5 lb russet potatoes
- 1 (3 oz) package Real Bacon Bits
- 8 oz cream cheese
- 1/2 c. butter
- 1 c. sour cream
- 2 1/2 c. grated cheddar cheese
- 2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp pepper
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees. Peel potatoes and cut into 1 inch chunks. Place in a large pot and add enough cold water to cover. Bring to a boil and reduce to simmer. Cook until tender and easily pierced with a paring knife, about 15 minutes. Drain and put in a large bowl.
- Using a mixer beat potatoes until light and fluffy. Add cream cheese, butter, sour cream and stir until combined and smooth. Add 2 c. cheddar cheese, half the bacon bits, salt and pepper. Mix until well combined.
- Transfer to a butter 3 qt baking dish. Top with remaining 1/2 c. of cheddar cheese and bacon bits. Bake for 30 minutes or until the potatoes are heated through and the top is slightly golden brown. *I made these the night before by stopping after I put them in the baking dish. The next day I just pulled them out and topped with the cheese and bacon bits. I cooked them for 45 minutes since they were cold to start.
by Julie Evink
|Amount Per Serving||As Served|
|Calories 453kcal Calories from fat 262|
|% Daily Value|
|Total Fat 29g||45%|
|Saturated Fat 16g||80%|
|Dietary Fiber 2g||8%|
Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your daily values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs:
|Total Fat||Less than||65g|
|Sat Fat||Less than||25g|
Craving More Potatoes?
Crock Pot Cheesy Ranch Potatoes ~ Super Easy, Cheesy Crock Pot Potatoes Loaded with Ranch!
Mom’s Cottage Potatoes ~ An Old Family Favorite! Homemade Potato Casserole Loaded with Potatoes & Cheese!
Crack Potatoes ~ Loaded with Ranch Bacon Bits and Cheese!