One day I arrived at work. More than likely not in the best mood and still waiting to kill my first cup of coffee. Then in walked a coworker with a piece of cake his wife sent for me. Then my day instantly got better.
I inhaled it, then promptly sent his wife a Facebook message for the recipe. This is the cake. So I encourage you to do the same. While you might not be able to inhale it and then send me a message. I highly encourage you to run to the grocery store, grab the ingredients and make this for your favorite someone.
Or you could make it for yourself, inhale it all and I won’t tell anyone. No judgement here people!
I guess this cake is a standard recipe a lot people know about, but I was not in the “know” about it so now in case you aren’t either I’m letting you get in on the know!
Now that we are all smart and on top of things go about your regular duties today as long as it includes this cake. Life will be better with this cake. I promise!
Make sure you don’t miss any of the fun stuff Julie’s Eats & Treats is up too!
This recipe may be shared on the following sites – Please give them a visit!
Our Delightful Home | Mandy’s Recipe Box | Lil’ Luna | Semi Homemade Mom | Weekend Potluck | Six Sisters’ Stuff | Pint Sized Baked | Flour Me With Love | Chef In Training | Inside BruCrew Life | Couponing & Cooking | High Heels & Grills | Buns In My Oven | Chocolate, Chocolate and More | Kitchen Meets Girl
Looking for more cake?
Upside Down Strawberry Cake
- 2 c. fresh strawberries, crushed
- 2 (3 oz) strawberry Jell-O
- 3 c. miniature marshmallows
- 1 (18.25 oz) strawberry cake mix + ingredients to prepare cake mix
- Cool Whip
- Take your two cups of strawberries and crush them with a fork. Pour into a 9x13 in cake pan. Sprinkle strawberry Jell-O over the top of the strawberries. Then sprinkle the marshmallows over the Jell-O.
- Prepare cake mix according to package directions. Pour over the marshmallows.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 40-50 minutes or until cake tests done. Let sit for about 15 minutes and then run a knife around the outside of the cake. Flip onto a serving tray. Refrigerate.
- Serve with Cool Whip
by Julie Evink