Homemade Barbecue Sauce ~ Filled with smoky, sweet, spicy and strong flavors!
Hi there! I’m Jessica and I blog at Jessiker Bakes, where I share mostly healthy recipes with a twist and my favorite desserts.
Today I’ll be sharing this 30 minute Homemade Barbecue Sauce! With grilling season nearly upon us, that is if you haven’t already started, one thing we often forget is a delicious homemade barbecue sauce. It is a great addition to having the best meats to grill, and can often transform an okay barbecue to an amazing barbecue. In my household we used to buy barbecue sauce because of the ease, but trust me after you try this sauce, you will be convinced that this is all you need! It makes as much as a regular bottle of barbecue sauce does and is made up of ingredients that are already in your house.
The sauce comes together very quickly and within 30 minutes you’re going to be ready to slather it on pretty much anything you can find. After it’s done you’re left with a sauce filled with smoky, sweet, spicy and strong flavors. Every ingredient shines through and none over powers the other. I can honestly say that this is a necessary staple at any barbecue and once you start using it you’ll wonder what you were missing! If you’re putting this on meat on the grill it’s best to put it on within the last 10 minutes of being on the grill and not before.
Happy Grilling Season and make great use of this sauce!
30 minute Homemade Barbecue Sauce
- 1/2 cup paprika
- 1/4 cup kosher salt
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 2 tablespoons mustard powder
- 1/4 cup chile powder
- 1/4 cup ground cumin
- 2 tablespoons ground black pepper
- 1/4 cup granulated garlic
- 2 tablespoons cayenne or less to taste
- 2 cups ketchup
- 1/4 cup cider vinegar
- 1/4 cup Worcestershire sauce
- 1/4 cup firmly packed brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons molasses
- 2 tablespoons prepared yellow mustard
- 1 tablespoon magic dust
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- Hot sauce such as Tabasco to taste
- Make the magic dust first by combining all of the ingredients in a container than shaking to combine them.
- For the barbecue sauce, mix all of the ingredients together in a pot over medium high heat and bringing to a boil. Reduce to a simmer for 20 minutes, stirring until sauce is dark and ingredients incorporated.
- Remove from heat and serve on anything!
Roasted Strawberry Sauce – A delicious twist on original barbecue sauce that brings out the deliciously sweet side of strawberries!
Sriracha-Infused Saucy Asian Meatballs with Szechuan Glaze – Delicious Saucy Meatballs that are exploding with flavor!