Air Fryer Chicken Fajitas are an easy, healthy dinner recipe that comes together in less than 30 minutes! Perfectly seasoned chicken breast with a homemade fajita seasoning, fresh vegetables make these chicken fajitas mouthwatering.
Making fajitas in the air fryer is the best way to have fajita night at home! These turn out so juicy and tender and have so much flavor. I love meals that I can pop in the air fryer because they’re perfect for busy week nights when we’ve got a lot going on.
I usually pair these delicious air fryer chicken fajitas with some salsa, guacamole, and Spanish rice. My family loves these and I tend to have leftovers which makes a great lunch! Sometimes I’ll even cut up the leftovers and them on a salad.
Once you try these air fryer fajitas, you won’t go back to cooking them any other way!
Why You’ll Love Air Fryer Chicken Fajitas
- Making meals in the air fryer makes for a really easy clean-up!
- You can make these easy chicken fajitas in 25 minutes. They’re the perfect meal for a busy night or one of those evenings when you don’t particularly feel like cooking.
- This recipe is easy to double or triple, depending on how much fajita meat you need to cook.
Ingredients for Air Fryer Fajitas
- Boneless skinless chicken breasts – This is the easiest cut of chicken to use to make fajita meat. Be sure you cut your chicken into strips that aren’t too thick.
- Canola oil – I used canola oil in this recipe, but you could replace it with avocado oil, olive oil, or vegetable oil.
- Fajita seasoning – You can buy a packet of fajita seasoning on the spice aisle at your grocery store, or use this fajita seasoning recipe to make your own.
- Orange, yellow, and red bell pepper – Use these three different colors of bell pepper to create a variety of flavor. You could switch one of these out for a green bell pepper as well.
- Red Onion – I prefer the strong flavor of a red onion in fajitas, but you could use a yellow onion instead.
How to make Air Fryer Chicken Fajitas
In a large mixing bowl, coat your strips of chicken in oil and fajita seasoning.
Add the strips of onion and bell pepper to the bowl and mix until thoroughly combined.
Place the seasoned chicken, onion, and bell pepper into the air fryer.
Cook for 15 minutes and stop halfway through to toss the fajitas.
Once the chicken is tender and the vegetables are charred, it is done!
What to Serve with Air Fryer Fajitas
Warm your favorite tortillas to eat with your fajitas or eat over a salad!
How Long will chicken fajitas last?
FRIDGE: Store your leftover fajita meat in the fridge in an airtight container for 3-5 days. Be sure to thoroughly reheat before eating.
FREEZER: You can store leftover fajitas in the freezer for up to 3 months.
Is it ok to put raw chicken in an air fryer?
Absolutely! Your air fryer is just a cooking appliance. It’s perfectly safe to cook raw chicken in it. Be sure to clean it thoroughly after each use.
What temp should my air fryer chicken fajitas reach?
The internal temperature of fully cooked chicken should be 165 degrees Fahrenheit.
Why are my air fryer fajitas tough?
If your chicken turns out tough you may have cut too thick of slices or overcooked your chicken. When you try this recipe again, be sure your slices of chicken are thin and that you are cooking at the correct temperature.
Pro Tips for the best Air Fryer Fajitas
- Find a store that sells freshly made flour tortillas or make your own to make your fajitas extra tasty.
- If you like a little kick, slice up a jalapeño and cook it with your fajitas!
- Depending on the size of your air fryer basket, you may need to make your fajitas in two batches. Don’t stack them too high in the basket so that all of the meat can cook well.
These easy chicken fajitas are mouthwateringly tasty! Try them out and let me know if your family likes them.
More Air Fryer Meals You’ll Love
- This crispy and tender Air Fryer Chicken Parmesan is a favorite meal for my family!
- When I think of cooking pork, I don’t usually think about using the air fryer. That is, until I made this Air Fryer Pork Tenderloin!
- This Air Fried Steak with Garlic Butter is perfectly juicy, tender, and so easy to make!
- Do your kids love grilled cheese? Check out this Air Fryer Grilled Cheese.
- Crispy, delicious popcorn chicken that’s prepared in your Air Fryer! It’s so easy to make Air Fryer Popcorn Chicken and a family favorite.
- This Air Fryer BBQ Chicken Legs are tender, juicy and an easy and delicious dinner recipe!
- 1 pound boneless skinless chicken breasts cut into strips
- 1 red bell pepper sliced into ½ inch slices
- 1 yellow bell pepper sliced into ½ inch slices
- 1 orange bell pepper sliced into ½ inch slices
- 1 red onion sliced into ½ slices
- 3 Tablespoons fajita seasoning
- 1 Tablespoon canola oil
- Preheat the Air Fryer to 390 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Place chicken strips in a mixing bowl and drizzle with oil. Toss to combine. Then sprinkle fajita seasoning over chicken and strips and toss until they are evenly coated with seasoning.
- Add the peppers and onions to chicken mixture and toss until coated with seasoning.
- Place mixture into Air Fryer Basket. Depending on how big your air fryer basket is you may need to do this in two batches. You don’t want it stacked full because the fajitas with steam instead of cooking and getting that charred taste to them.
- Air fry for 15 minutes, tossing half way through or until chicken is cooked through and vegetables are charred.
- If cooking in two batches remove cooked fajitas from basket to bowl, cover with aluminum foil to keep warm and repeat to cook the rest of the fajita mixture.
- Serve with warmed tortillas, pico de gallo, avocado slices or guacamole.