Learn how to make perfectly crispy, salty frozen French Fries in your Air Fryer! Skip the drive through and make these quick and easy Air Fryer French Fries at home. Crispy on the outside, soft on the inside, healthier than frying and crispier than baking!
One of the many reasons I love my air fryer is that I can use it to cook convenient frozen foods and they turn out so much better than baking them in the oven. Like frozen French fries – they get amazingly crispy when you air fry them.
Air fryer French Fries are just one of my favorite easy things – I also love to air fry frozen tater tots and pizza rolls! If you have an air fryer you have to try them. Start with these crispy fries first and you won’t regret it!
You Will Love This Easy Recipe
- Okay, so it’s not really a recipe but a really great cooking method! When you air fry foods they get really crispy – even crispier than a regular oven. It works the same way a convection oven works by blowing hot air around the food making it crunchy and crispy on the outside.
- The best part is that they taste deep-fried without dealing with all the oil and mess from deep frying!
- This air fryer French fries recipe will work with pretty much any frozen French fries. The only thing that might be different is the cooking time. So, I’ve given you a range because it may vary depending on what you use.
- Frozen French fries – you can also try frozen waffle fries or sweet potato fries!
- Table salt – or use sea salt or your favorite seasoning salt.
How to Air Fry Frozen Fries
Preheat the air fryer to 400°F. Once it’s heated, lightly spray the inside of the air fryer basket with non-stick cooking spray.
Spread the frozen French fries in an even layer in the basket. I use tongs to spread them out.
Cook them for 10 minutes and then open the fryer and shake the basket to turn the fries. Cook them for 10 to 15 minutes longer, checking them every five minutes, until they’re hot and crispy.
Once they’re done, toss them with salt before serving.
Dipping Sauce Ideas
- You can’t go wrong with classic ketchup!
- Dunk the hot fries in Ranch dip.
- We love BBQ sauce, too!
- Make an easy fry sauce and mix up some mustard, ketchup, and mayo for dipping.
You can serve them plain with dipping sauces, but you can also dress up your air fried French fries! Here are some ideas:
Chili Cheese Fries: Top them with warm chili, shredded cheddar cheese, and sliced green onions.
Parmesan Fries: Toss the hot fries with a little olive oil, grated Parmesan cheese and garlic powder or finely minced fresh garlic.
BBQ Chicken Fries: Add some shredded BBQ chicken, shredded Monterey jack cheese, finely diced red onions, and a drizzle of BBQ sauce.
Seasoned fries: Keep it simple and toss the hot fries with a little olive oil and a seasoning to give them a pop of flavor. Ranch seasoning, Cajun seasoning, taco seasoning, or Italian seasoning work great!
You will skip the oven the next time you want some easy French fries! These crispy air fryer fries are so easy and turn out perfectly every time. I mean, I love homemade fries but when I’m short on time, the best fries are these! So easy and so delicious. Enjoy!
More Amazing Air Fryer Recipes
- Learn how to make homemade Sweet Potato Fries that are better than any restaurant!
- Make a batch of the best Air Fryer Chicken Wings for dinner or as a great party snack.
- Baked Potatoes are one of my favorite side dishes to make in my air fryer!
- If you want an easy weeknight main dish, you have to try my Air Fryer Pork Chops.
- 1 pound frozen French fries
- salt to taste
- Preheat the air fryer to 400 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Once the air fryer has been preheated, lightly spray the inside basket with non-stick cooking spray.
- Add the French fries to the basket and spread out evenly with tongs.
- Cook for 10 minutes. Open the basket and shake the fries to turn them. Cook for an additional 10 to 15 minutes more, checking after every 5 minutes to shake the fries and check for doneness.
- Serve immediately with ketchup, mayo, or other sauces.