Tender slices of zucchini that are coated in a delicious, crispy Parmesan Panko breading! Air Fryer Zucchini Fries are a healthy side dish. The perfect way to use up extra zucchini! This easy, healthy side dish recipe made in your air fryer will be a hit with everyone.
Crispy zucchini fries are one of my favorite things to make with all the summer zucchini we have during the summer or when we are trying to eat healthier. It’s a great side dish, snack, or appetizer!
They are really easy to cook in the air fryer. You can get that crunchy-fried texture for the breading with hardly any oil and without having to turn on the oven. It’s a win-win!
Why This Recipe Works
- This is a healthy side dish even my kiddos will gobble up! Anything called “fries” usually works for them plus they love extra crispy coating.
- It’s an easy recipe to make – ready in less than 30 minutes!
- We love these breaded zucchini fries with a sauce on the side like marinara, ketchup or ranch dip. They’re also good plain!
- I’m showing you how to cut the zucchini and bread them so they turn out perfectly every time. You will love them!
- If you don’t have an air fryer, try my Baked Zucchini Fries!
If you’ve been looking for a way to use up fresh zucchini that’s not zucchini bread, this is the recipe for you.
- Fresh zucchini – medium-sized are best!
- All-purpose flour
- Eggs – beat them in a shallow bowl.
- Italian Panko – if you can’t find Italian seasoned panko you can use regular and season it yourself with dried Italian seasoning.
- Freshly-grated Parmesan cheese
- Garlic powder
- Salt and black pepper
- Chopped fresh parsley leaves
How to Bread Zucchini Fries
First, you will need to slice the zucchini into fry shapes. For this recipe, I use two medium-sized zucchini which will yield approximately 32 fries.
Slice each zucchini in half. Slice each half in half again. Slice those into quarters.
Lightly beat the eggs in a shallow bowl. In a separate shallow bowl, combine the panko, cheese, garlic powder, salt, and pepper. Place the flour in a third bowl.
To bread the zucchini fries:
- Coat each fry in the flour first.
- Roll the floured fry in the egg.
- Lastly, dredge the fry in the breadcrumb mixture. You may need to lightly press to get the breading to stick.
- Repeat with the rest of the fries.
How to Air Fry Zucchini Fries
Depending on the size of your air fryer, you will need to cook the fries in batches.
Place the breaded zucchini in an even layer in the basket. Coat them with cooking spray.
Cook them for eight to ten minutes at 400°F or until they are crispy and golden. Repeat with the rest of the batch.
Breading Tip: To make the breading easier (and less messy) try to keep one hand dry and only use it to coat the pieces in the flour and bread crumbs. Use your other hand for the egg mixture. This will help keep your breadcrumbs dry!
Cooking Tip: If you are cooking them in batches, keep the ones that are done in a low oven on a sheet pan. That way, they stay warm as you finish cooking the rest!
Storage Tip: These are best when they are hot and crispy from the air fryer. If you have leftovers, they will keep for a few days in the refrigerator, but the breading will soften.
My family LOVES these air fryer zucchini fries – we never get tired of them! Add them to your list this week – I think you will love them, too!
Looking for more ideas? Be sure to check out my favorite Easy Zucchini Recipes.
More Air Fryer Side Dishes
- Crispy delicious Sweet Potato Fries are so easy to make in the air fryer.
- Air Fryer Broccoli is healthy and so easy to make!
- Use it make the best Baked Potatoes and add all of your favorite toppings.
- Skip the oven an air fry frozen Tater Tots – it’s a super easy side!
Try it and love it? Rate it, please! Leave a comment with your 5-star rating – it will make my day!
If you snap a photo, please be sure to tag me on Instagram at @julieseatsandtreats or #julieseatsandtreats so I can see your yummy treat!!
- 2 medium zucchinis
- ½ c. all-purpose flour
- 2 large eggs beaten
- 1 c. Italian Panko
- ½ c. freshly grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- ½ tsp salt
- ½ tsp ground black pepper
- 2 Tbsp chopped fresh parsley leaves
- Slice the zucchini in half, then half again, then into quarters. You should have 16 slices per zucchini.
- In a shallow bowl, pie plate or cake pan combine the Panko, Parmesan cheese, garlic powder, salt and pepper. Set aside.
- In a shallow bowl, pie plate or cake pan whisk eggs and in another pan add the flour.
- Dip the zucchini in the flour, then into eggs and then dredge in the Panko mixture, pressing to coat.
- Place zucchini in an Air Fryer basket in a single layer, you may need to work in batches. Generously spray zucchini with cooking spray.
- Cook for 8-10 minutes at 400 degrees F or until crispy and golden brown.