Almond Joy Cookies inspired by one of the best candy bars around. The perfect mix of coconut, nuttiness and chocolate. So good!
Hi Everyone! I’m back with a super easy, quick and ultra scrumptious cookie recipe for you today. The topic of cookies never ever gets old to me. The cookie section on my blog is most definitely the longest one. It is incredible to me just how many different variations there are and there’s still no end in sight.
I think I love cookies so much because many of the recipes are connected to sweet memories of mine. Simple chocolate chip cookies were the first thing I ever successfully baked. And I’m sure I’m not the only one. Which is probably why cookies are such a personal and oftentimes divisive treat. Whether you prefer your cookies soft, chewy, crispy or anything in between, I hope you like today’s creation. Because these are no ordinary cookies.
Brownies meet Almond Joy Candy Bars and are turned into amazing cookies. Though it might look like there’s a lot of work involved, don’t be worried. With the use of a brownie box mix and a few simple additions, you can chow down on them in a matter of minutes. This is such a great recipe to have on hand for busy school afternoons on which you’d like to spoil your kiddos or to impress some unplanned dinner guests… I am speaking from experience. I have yet to meet someone who did not want to grab one or two of these cookies as soon as the plate hit the table. A definite crowd pleaser, for sure.
If you have brownie mix, some pantry staples, shredded coconut, almonds, and chocolate around, you are pretty much set. I am always surprised what one can make with just a few ingredients. I have no doubt these will become a new favorite in your home as well.
Hope you enjoy!
You might like my monster cookies, too!
Almond Joy Cookies
- 1 box brownie mix
- 1 large eggs
- 1/4 cup water
- 3 tablespoons canola oil
- 1/2 cup sweetened coconut flakes
- 3/4 cup almonds divided
- 3/4 cup white chocolate chips divided
- 1/2 cup milk or dark chocolate
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- In a large bowl, mix together brownie mix, egg, water and oil until combined. Fold in coconut flakes, 1/2 cup almonds, and 1/4 cup white chocolate chips.
- Using a large cookie scoop, drop "cookie dough" onto the prepared baking sheet and place in the oven. Bake for 10-12 minutes or until cookies are set. Remove from the oven and let cool for 5 minutes on the cookie sheet before transferring to wire racks to cool completely.
- Once the cookies have cooled, melt the remaining 1/2 cup white chocolate chips and dark chocolate in separate bowls in the microwave (in 30 second increments until fully melted).
- Spoon white and dark chocolate into 2 ziptop bags. Cut off one corner of each of the bags, and pipe melted chocolate over the cookies. Sprinkle with additional sweetened coconut flakes, and decorate with remaining almonds and/or chocolate chips. Let sit for 30 minutes or until chocolate is set. Enjoy!
Things You Might Need for this Recipe!