If you love the Almond Joy Candy bar you are going to want to make a batch or two of these easy Almond Joy Cookies! They start with a brownie mix and are topped with coconut, almonds and drizzled with chocolate to create flavors reminiscent of your favorite candy bar.
I have a super easy, quick, and ultra-scrumptious cookie recipe for you today! If you love Almond Joy candy bars, you are going to LOVE this recipe.
These are not your ordinary cookies. Brownies meet an Almond Joy, and they are turned into the most decadent chocolate coconut cookies. They might look complicated, but I promise they’re so easy!
I’ve made these so many times, and I have yet to meet someone who did not want to grab one or two of these as soon as they come into sight. A definite crowd-pleaser, for sure! They go perfect with a mug of hot chocolate or homemade latte.
You Will Love This Recipe!
- This is an easy cookie recipe that is made with a brownie mix! Using the mix gives the cookies a rich, fudgy texture.
- They taste just like an Almond Joy candy bar but in cookie form. If you love chocolate, coconut, and almonds, you will love them!
- They are perfect for parties, potlucks, cookie platters, or whenever you want to satisfy a chocolate craving.
The main ingredient is prepared brownie mix. Look for a mix that is packaged in an 18.3-ounce box.
You don’t need to follow the package instructions – to create a cookie texture, you’ll add a different amount of eggs, water, and oil than what is probably listed on the package. So, disregard those instructions.
The dough also has sweetened coconut flakes, almonds, and white chocolate chips. You’ll use those same ingredients to decorate the cookies once they’re baked, too.
Make and Bake the Cookies
Make the Dough: Mix the brownie mix, egg, water, and oil in a large bowl. Fold in the coconut flakes, almonds, and white chocolate chips.
Bake the Cookies: Use a large cookie scoop to drop mounds of dough onto a baking sheet lined with parchment paper. Bake them for 10 to 12 minutes at 350°F. Cool them on the baking sheet for five minutes and then transfer them to a baking rack to cool completely.
Add the Decorations!
- Melt the chocolate chips and white chocolate chips in two separate bowls in the microwave. Transfer both to their own Ziplock bag and snip off one of the bottom corners.
- Pipe each kind of chocolate onto the cookies. Sprinkle the tops with coconut flakes and top with almonds and chocolate chips.
- Let them set for at least 30 minutes before serving.
Store your cookies in an airtight container, and they will keep for several days at room temperature… if they last that long!
What people are saying about this recipe
“I was looking for something different to make with a brownie mix and came across your recipe. And I may never make brownies again, lol! These cookies were so good!”
“These were amazing!! May just have to hide them from the kids!”
“Such a fun cookie! My kids loved to help making them.”
I know you’re going to love these Almond Joy cookies! Rich, chocolatey with wonderful almond and coconut flavors. They’re definitely a treat!
More Amazing Cookie Recipes
- Soft and chewy Monster Cookies are loaded with M&MS and chocolate chips! This is a no-chill cookie recipe that is easy to make.
- My Peanut Butter Cup Cookies are a mini cookie you can bake in a mini muffin pan. The peanut butter cups are tucked inside a peanut butter cookie – they are the perfect bite.
- Chocolate Mint Thumbprint Cookies are soft and delicious with a mint fudge center.
- White Chocolate Cranberry Cookies have the best soft and chewy texture.
Did you try this recipe? Be sure to comment and rate the recipe below, I definitely want to hear from you!
And if you’re like me and snap photos be sure to tag me on Instagram @julieseatsandtreats or #julieseatsandtreats that way I’m sure to see your yummy treat!!!
- 1 box brownie mix (18.3 oz)
- 1 large eggs
- 1/4 c. water
- 3 Tbsp canola oil
- 1/2 c. sweetened coconut flakes
- 3/4 c. almonds divided
- 3/4 c. white chocolate chips divided
- 1/2 c. milk or dark chocolate
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- In a large bowl, mix together brownie mix, egg, water and oil until combined. Fold in coconut flakes, 1/2 cup almonds, and 1/4 cup white chocolate chips.
- Using a large cookie scoop, drop “cookie dough” onto the prepared baking sheet and place in the oven. Bake for 10-12 minutes or until cookies are set. Remove from the oven and let cool for 5 minutes on the cookie sheet before transferring to wire racks to cool completely.
- Once the cookies have cooled, melt the remaining 1/2 cup white chocolate chips and dark chocolate in separate bowls in the microwave (in 30 second increments until fully melted).
- Spoon white and dark chocolate into 2 ziptop bags. Cut off one corner of each of the bags, and pipe melted chocolate over the cookies. Sprinkle with additional sweetened coconut flakes, and decorate with remaining almonds and/or chocolate chips. Let sit for 30 minutes or until chocolate is set. Enjoy!