Apple Cinnamon Cream Cheese Pull Apart ~ Rhodes Dinner Rolls stuffed with cream cheese, cinnamon and apples! Ooey, gooey and easy breakfast perfect for fall!
We started painting our ceiling down stairs tonight and yes we are still in the midst of the remodel that has now been haunting us for 8 months. *SIGH* Wow. Did I just say 8 months? Someone give us a kick in the butt! I remember thinking, “Man I hope I never pick up another paint brush again.” as I finished painting the upstairs and I did a good job of sticking to that motto until now.
So good in fact that I might have a few spots on my ceilings that show water damage from a terrible storm this summer and also a few touch up spots from painting before we moved in and I have successfully ignored them. Thinking oh I’ll get to it. Umm ya so far that hasn’t happened and now I’m starting on the downstairs. Hopefully someday I can sit on the couch, look around and say, “Man that looks awesome.” In the meantime I just won’t look up or to the side if I’m in certain areas of the house. I’ve learned it’s not that hard do!
Then to top off the hatred of painting my hubby went downstairs and had the paint sprayer all ready to go, turned it on, and nothing. It wouldn’t prime, so needless to say he grabbed a roller, I grabbed a paint brush and we got to work as I cussed the paint sprayer out in my head the entire time. Do you people that love to paint really exist? Maybe I wouldn’t mind it if I didn’t have to do an ENTIRE floor of a house at a time. One room maximum in the future is my new motto!
If you would like to reward yourself for having to do a terrible job like painting your house I have just the treat for you! These yummy Apple Cinnamon Cream Cheese Pull Apart. Better yet if you have conned someone into doing your dreaded chore for you then get on making them a sweet treat like this pull apart! I need to work on conning people into doing my dirty work…
That’s what I thought.
Therefore you will hear my complain about painting for the next few weeks of post. It’s your punishment!
Apple Cinnamon Cream Cheese Pull Apart
- 10 Rhodes™ Dinner Rolls, thawed but still cold
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1 apple, peeled and chopped
- 6 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 1 egg
- 5 tablespoons sugar, divided
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 3 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1/2 cup powdered sugar
- 1 tablespoon milk
- Spray a 9 inch glass baking dish with non stick spray. Cut rolls in half and place cut side down in glass dish. Cover with plastic wrap and let rise 30 minutes.
- Remove plastic wrap and bush rolls with melted butter and sprinkle chopped apples over rolls. In a small bowl combine cream cheese, egg, 2 Tbsp sugar and lemon juice until smooth. Spread over rolls. In a small bowl stir mix together brown sugar, cinnamon and remaining white sugar and sprinkle over the cream cheese mixture.
- Cover the rolls with plastic wrap again and let rise until doubled in size. Remove wrap, place pan on a baking sheet with side to catch drips and bake at 350 degrees for 30 minutes. If the rolls are starting to brown to much cover with foil the last 10 minutes.
- Combine icing ingredients and drizzle over rolls.
|Amount Per Serving||As Served|
|Calories 603kcal Calories from fat 235|
|% Daily Value|
|Total Fat 26g||40%|
|Saturated Fat 13g||65%|
|Dietary Fiber 3g||12%|
Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your daily values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs:
|Total Fat||Less than||65g|
|Sat Fat||Less than||25g|
Looking for more caramel recipes?