Artichoke and Sun Dried Tomato Pasta
Artichoke and Sun Dried Tomato Pasta ~ Creamy, Delicious Pasta Loaded with Artichokes and Sun Dried Tomatoes! Quick, Easy Dinner Recipe That’s Ready in 20 Minutes!
Pasta is the way to my heart. I mean seriously. Gimme some pasta and I’m singing you praises. A few of my favorite pasta dishes are One Pot Pizza Pasta, White Chicken Enchilada Pasta, and Crock Pot Pizza Pasta.
O.K. guys. There are two ways to make this pasta–the easy way, and the hard way. The easy way involves the use of multiple bottles of ready-made goods. The hard way involves–well, let’s not talk about the hard way. We’re all about doing things as quickly and easily as possible, right?
This is a lovely dish using farfalle pasta (otherwise known as “bow tie” pasta). I love bow tie pasta. It’s so fun and festive. It also uses sun-dried tomatoes. If you’ve never used these before, you can find them in jars, often by the by the pasta sauce. I don’t usually use all of them in this dish. That way, I can use some for my Artichoke and Sun-dried Tomato Pita Pizza. (Say THAT five times fast! It’s actually kind of fun.)
You’ll also use some artichoke hearts. It’s up to you whether or not you want to use marinated hearts, or just get ones that have been packed in water.
Now you can keep this dish vegetarian if you like, but I also like to add some cooked chicken. I just bake a chicken breast in the oven and then cut it into cubes. But if you want things to be SUPER easy, you can also use canned chicken. Never tried canned chicken? It’s actually pretty good. I get mine from Costco. It’s near the canned tuna.
The last part of this dish is the Alfredo sauce. Bottled sauce would work just fine. But I much prefer to make my own. There are actually quite a few different ways to make Alfredo sauce. If you want to make your own, you can just use one of these recipes.
We also love this Roasted Red Pepper Chicken Alfredo Bake.
Artichoke and Sun Dried Tomato Pasta Ingredients
- Farfalle pasta
- Chicken breast
- Artichoke hearts
- Sun-Dried tomatoes
- Alfredo sauce
To make this dish, all you’ll do is sauté some shallots in olive oil while your pasta is boiling in another pan. You’ll also chop up your sun-dried tomatoes and artichoke hearts.
Once your pasta is done, just drain it and return it to the pan. Then add the shallots, sun-dried tomatoes, artichoke hearts, chicken, and your Alfredo sauce, and you are done! If you want to make this casserole-style, pour it into a 9×13 pan, cover with shredded mozzarella cheese, and then bake for about 5 minutes until the cheese is melted and bubbly.
I love this dish because of the sweet tang of the sun-dried tomatoes and the mellow flavor of the artichokes. It’s got all four food groups, too! (If you remember that tomatoes are actually a fruit). So it’s a win-win all over the place.
Try this warm, creamy Sun-dried Tomato and Artichoke Pasta for dinner tonight, and add in some Easy Home Made Breadsticks for a wonderful meal!
More Apple Recipes You’ll Love
- The perfect summertime pasta dish loaded with shrimp, cherry tomatoes, asparagus, pasta and parmesan cheese!
- Mix up your summer pasta salad with this delicious Bacon Ranch Pasta Salad!
- This Shrimp Pasta is a quick and easy dinner recipe that the entire family will love.
- Cheesy Bacon and Broccoli Tortellini Pasta is a quick dish that is ferfect for dusy weeknight dinners.
- Creamy Pesto Chicken Pasta is an easy dinner with rigatoni, chicken and creamy white sauce with pesto.
Did you make this? If you snap a photo, please be sure tag me on Instagram at @julieseatsandtreats or #julieseatsandtreats so I can see your yummy treat!
Artichoke and Sun Dried Tomato Pasta
- 8 oz. farfalle bow tie pasta
- 2 shallots chopped
- 1 1/2 c. cooked cubed chicken about 1 chicken breast
- 4 artichoke hearts chopped
- 1/4 C. sun-dried tomatoes chopped
- 2 c. Alfredo sauce or less, to taste
- Boil pasta for about 10 minutes, or until desired doneness is reached.
- Meanwhile, saute your shallots in a very small amount of olive oil. Set aside when done.
- Drain pasta and return to the pan. Add the shallots, chicken, artichoke hearts, sun-dried tomatoes, and Alfredo sauce. Stir and serve immediately.
Connect with Melissa Here!
Twitter | Pinterest | Instagram
Try these great complements to this dish!
Spinach Blueberry Salad with Orange Poppyseed Dressing
Lemon Raspberry Cheesecake Ice Cream
Leave a Comment