A quick and easy cheese ball recipe that’s loaded with flavor from the mixture of cream cheese, bacon, ranch, parsely, sharp cheddar cheese and BBQ sauce. This Bacon Ranch Cheese Ball makes a delicious holiday appetizer. It’s perfect for parties, New Year’s Eve and more!
This bacon ranch cheese ball is one of my favorite easy appetizers that you can make-ahead for holiday parties and game-days, and it’s amazing. I mean, it has bacon and ranch – what’s not to love?
It also looks great as part of an appetizer spread – the outside is coated with crunchy pecan, bacon, and parsley and looks amazing. Add some crackers and veggies on the side, and it will be the star of your party.
You Will Love This Easy Bacon Cheese Ball Recipe!
- Cheese balls are really easy to make, and I’m sharing my step-by-step tips so you can make it perfectly every time.
- Because it needs time to chill, it’s the best make-ahead appetizer. You can make it the day before, so it’s ready to go the next day.
- The flavors and textures are amazing – crunchy, creamy, salty, and cheesy. Sounds so good, right?
Make this for your next party – it’s the best recipe and it will get rave reviews!
The cream cheese ball is flavored with BBQ sauce, Ranch seasoning, cheddar cheese, bacon, and parsley.
Once you’ve made the ball, it’s coated in crunchy pecans, more bacon, and parsley.
How to Make It
Mix half of the bacon with the pecans and three tablespoons of parsley in a small bowl. You won’t need the mixture until you’ve formed the ball, so go ahead and cover it and set it aside.
Beat the cream cheese in a large bowl with a mixer until it’s smooth. Add the cheese, Ranch seasoning, BBQ sauce, the rest of the bacon, and parsley. Mix until it’s well combined and the mixture is fluffy.
Cover the bowl and chill the mixture for at least two hours.
Once it’s chilled, transfer it to a serving platter and shape it into a ball.
Roll the cheese ball in the pecan and bacon mixture you made earlier. You may need to gently pat the coating onto the cheese so it sticks. The ball should be fully coated.
At this point, you can serve it or you can cover it and keep it in the refrigerator to serve later.
Want an easy way to cook a bunch of bacon at once without the mess? My oven-baked bacon is perfect for this recipe.
You can buy Ranch seasoning, or use my homemade Ranch dip seasoning if you want to DIY it!
Once you’ve made the cream cheese ball (before you coat it), you can keep it in the fridge overnight. This is great for parties when you want to make things ahead of time.
If you have any leftovers they will keep in the refrigerator for two to three days.
No one can resist this bacon ranch cheese ball with pecans – I’ve been making it the same way for years, and it’s always a hit. The flavors are great, and it’s so easy you’ll want to make it for all the holidays and parties you have through the year!
More Amazing Appetizers!
- Loaded Guacamole Dip is piled high with cheese, salsa, tomatoes, and black olives!
- Crack Dip has all the flavors everyone loves: cheese, bacon, sour cream, and ranch dressing! No one can resist it!
- Dill Pickle Dip is a quick and easy recipe that you can make in about five minutes. It’s a creamy dip flavored with dill pickles and it’s delicious!
- Pimento Cheese is a Southern classic and great as a dip or a spread!
Tried this recipe? Be sure to comment below, I definitely want to hear from you!!!
And if you’re like me and snap photos be sure to tag me on Instagram @julieseatsandtreats or #julieseatsandtreats that way I’m sure to see your yummy treat!!!
- 10 slices bacon prepared and diced, divided
- 1/3 c. chopped pecans
- 1/3 c. chopped fresh parsley leaves divided
- 2 packages cream cheese, room temperature 8 oz each
- 1 c. shredded sharp cheddar cheese
- 1 oz pkg Ranch Seasoning and Salad Dressing Mix
- 1/3 c. BBQ Sauce
- In a small bowl, combine half of the bacon, pecans and 3 Tbsp parsley; set aside.
- In a large bowl beat the cream cheese with an electric mixer until smooth. Add cheddar cheese, Ranch Seasoning, BBQ Sauce, remaining bacon and parsley and mix until well combined and fluffy, about 1-2 minutes.
- Cover cheese mixture and refrigerate for at least 2 hours or overnight.
- Remove cheese mixture from refrigerator and place until serving platter. Shape into a ball with your hands.
- Roll in the bacon, pecan and parsley mixture, making sure all sides are coated. You may have to pat the coating on in places so it sticks.
- Serve immediately or cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate until serving.