Bacon Wrapped Water Chestnuts Recipe served with a Sweet Dipping Sauce. This appetizer is sweet, salty, out of control delicious and so easy to make! Perfect for the holidays!
We are going to end the year with a bang … a bang of bacon in fact! These Bacon Wrapped Water Chestnuts with Sweet Dipping Sauce Recipe are the perfect small bit appetizer for all of your parties!
This recipe is very near and dear to my heart. It was THE appetizer my mom use to make for all family functions, and believe me, these babies were gone in minutes. We quickly learned that if you wanted one you’d have to be “that person,” you know the one that hovers over the appetizer table waiting for the next dish to be placed and then you snatch!
My brother use to leave the table with at least 10 of these on his plate. No shame. Didn’t even care if my sweet little cousin didn’t get any. He wanted them, he needed them, and nothing was going to stop him.
Not only are freakin’ tasty, but they are super easy to make, using only 4 ingredients.
And let’s be honest, anything that is covered in Bacon is going to rock your socks off. Am I right?
The bacon gets nice and crispy on the outside while the water chestnuts softens up in the oven. When you top it with the sweet dipping sauce these babies are like bacon candy that melts in your mouth.
If you are in need of an appetizer this holiday season that’s light on your pocket, easy to make, and down right tasty then these Bacon Wrapped Water Chestnuts are your jam!
They have been tried, tested, and devoured in my family for over 60 years, so you know they’re good!
And don’t be a stranger, be sure to stop in to say hi to me over at my blog Joyful Healthy Eats! Hugs to you sweet friends! Have a Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year!
- 1 lb. apple wood smoked bacon strips cut in half
- 2 8 oz cans whole waterchestnuts drained
- 1/2 cup ketchup
- 3 tablespoons brown sugar
- Preheat oven to 400.
- Wrap each waterchestnut with one strip of bacon (remember that you need to slice each strip in half). Secure the waterchestnut in place using a toothpick, going through the bacon, waterchestnut, and bacon again.
- Place on a parchment lined baking sheet.
- Bake for 15 minutes, flip all bacon wrapped waterchestnuts to brown on the other side. Bake an additional 15 minutes. Remove from oven.
- In a small bowl, mix ketchup and brown sugar until brown sugar is dissolved.
- Serve bacon wrapped waterchestnuts with sweet dipping sauce.
More Holiday Appetizer by Joyful Healthy Eats: