Bacon Wrapped Water Chestnuts Recipe served with a Sweet Dipping Sauce. This appetizer is sweet, salty, out of control delicious and so easy to make! Perfect for the holidays!
Be sure to subscribe to my newsletter HERE so you never miss a new recipe!
It’s crazy for me to think that today is the last day I will be posting over her on Julie’s blog. It’s been about a year and half since I first started contributing for Julie and 2015 has definitely been a great year. I have loved your sweet comments and hearing how much you enjoy the recipes. By the way this is Krista from Joyful Healthy Eats, just in case your wondering. hehe
Since it’s my last post I thought I would go out with a bang … a bang of bacon in fact!
This recipe is very near and dear to my heart. It was THE appetizer my mom use to make for all family functions, and believe me, these babies were gone in minutes. We quickly learned that if you wanted one you’d have to be “that person,” you know the one that hovers over the appetizer table waiting for the next dish to be placed and then you snatch!
My brother use to leave the table with at least 10 of these on his plate. No shame. Didn’t even care if my sweet little cousin didn’t get any. He wanted them, he needed them, and nothing was going to stop him.
And let’s be honest, anything that is covered in Bacon is going to rock your socks off. Am I right?
The bacon gets nice and crispy on the outside while the water chestnuts softens up in the oven. When you top it with the sweet dipping sauce these babies are like bacon candy that melts in your mouth.
If you are in need of an appetizer this holiday season that’s light on your pocket, easy to make, and down right tasty then these Bacon Wrapped Water Chestnuts are your jam!
They have been tried, tested, and devoured in my family for over 60 years, so you know they’re good!
And don’t be a stranger, be sure to stop in to say hi to me over at my blog Joyful Healthy Eats! Hugs to you sweet friends! Have a Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year!
Bacon Wrapped Waterchestnuts with Sweet Dipping Sauce
- 1 lb. apple wood smoked bacon, strips cut in half
- 2 8 oz cans whole waterchestnuts, drained
- 1/2 cup ketchup
- 3 tablespoons brown sugar
- Preheat oven to 400.
- Wrap each waterchestnut with one strip of bacon (remember that you need to slice each strip in half). Secure the waterchestnut in place using a toothpick, going through the bacon, waterchestnut, and bacon again.
- Place on a parchment lined baking sheet.
- Bake for 15 minutes, flip all bacon wrapped waterchestnuts to brown on the other side. Bake an additional 15 minutes. Remove from oven.
- In a small bowl, mix ketchup and brown sugar until brown sugar is dissolved.
- Serve bacon wrapped waterchestnuts with sweet dipping sauce.
|Amount Per Serving||As Served|
|Calories 65kcal Calories from fat 45|
|% Daily Value|
|Total Fat 5g||8%|
|Saturated Fat 2g||10%|
|Dietary Fiber 0g||0%|
Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your daily values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs:
|Total Fat||Less than||65g|
|Sat Fat||Less than||25g|
More Holiday Appetizer by Joyful Healthy Eats: