An easy dinner recipe for weeknights! These Baked Chicken Thighs with the perfect amount of seasoning are so tender and juicy on the inside with a perfectly crispy skin! They are so easy to make with pantry staple ingredients and a fail proof method.
I don’t think there can ever be enough chicken recipes! We eat a lot of chicken and so I love to come up with new ideas so we don’t get bored.
These baked chicken thighs is one of my favorite recipes – quick, easy, and perfect for weeknights!
Why This Recipe Works
If you do love thighs, then keep reading because I think you will love this recipe.
- For this recipe, I use bone-in, skin-on thighs. They are roasted in the oven and come out so juicy with crispy skin.
- I use a really simple seasoning rub that gives them tons of flavor and helps crispy up the skin, too.
- They pair with so many side dishes so you can add this recipe to your weekly rotation and just change up the sides so it never gets boring!
Don’t feel like turning on the oven? Save this recipe for later and give my air fryer thighs a try instead!
- Chicken Thighs – Skin-on, bone-in chicken thighs – about 6 to 8 thighs.
- Olive oil – Helps the chicken get that nice brown skin.
- Seasoning: We used a blend of sea salt, ground black pepper, garlic powder, smoked paprika, chili powder and onion powder which is our famous BBQ Rub that you can purchase here and great on all chicken!
How to Make It
Line the baking sheet with foil. This will make it easy to clean up.
In a small bowl, combine all of the seasonings.
Pat the thighs dry with a paper towel. Doing this will help make the skin really crispy as it cooks.
Place them on the pan and brush or rub them with the oil.
Coat them evenly in with the spice rub. Coat them on all sides and then make sure they are skin-side up before they go in the oven.
Bake the thighs for 35 to 45 minutes at 400°F or until the internal temperature is 165°F and the juices run clear.
Rest the chicken for five minutes before serving.
What to Serve with Chicken Thighs
Need some side dish ideas to pair with your oven-baked chicken thighs? Here are some easy ones you might like to try:
- Beans: Pair them with Baked Beans or Calico Beans.
- Veggies: Roasted Sweet Potatoes, Smashed Potatoes, Crispy Broccoli, Air Fryer Asparagus, or Roasted Vegetables are always delicious!
- Salad: Cool and creamy Broccoli Salad or Dill Potato Salad work well, too!
- Bread: Try my Copycat Texas Roadhouse Rolls with Cinnamon Butter for a real treat! Or you might like some easy Breadsticks, too.
These are seriously the best baked chicken thighs! They are so juicy and that seasoned crispy skin just takes them over the top. I know this recipe is going to end up in your go-to favorites file – be sure to try them this week!
More Easy Recipes
I’ve got you covered with so many easy dinner recipes! Here are a few more you have to try:
- Make my Baked Meatballs and serve them with spaghetti and sauce or serve them with mashed potatoes or rice with gravy!
- Crock Pot Spaghetti is so easy and always a hit!
- Skip the box and make Homemade Hamburger Helper – is so easy and so much better!
- For an easy, comforting meal make Linguini Casserole. It’s so creamy and cheesy!
Did you try this recipe and love it? I’d love it if you’d give it a rating below and leave a comment letting me know!
If you snap a photo, please be sure to tag me on Instagram at @julieseatsandtreats or #julieseatsandtreats so I can see your delicious dinner!!
- 3 lb skin-on bone-in chicken thighs about 6-8
- 2 Tbsp olive oil
- 1 tsp sea salt
- ½ tsp ground black pepper
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp smoked paprika
- ¼ tsp chili powder
- 1 tsp onion powder
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F. Line a large baking sheet with foil for easy clean up. Set aside.
- In a small bowl combine all the rub ingredients. Set aside.
- Pat chicken thighs dry with a paper towel. Place on the prepared baking sheet. Drizzle thighs with olive oil, rubbing the oil into the chicken to coat.
- Sprinkle rub mixture evenly over the chicken thighs. Turn the thighs over and evenly sprinkle remaining seasoning mixture on top. Make sure chicken thighs are skin-side up.
- Place the baking sheet in a preheated oven at 400 degrees F for 35-45 minutes or until the internal temperature is 165 degrees F.
- Remove from oven let rest for 5 minutes and serve.