Baked Lasagna Subs ~ A Fun & Delicious Twist on Lasagna! Perfect for Quick Dinners on Busy Nights! Savory Meat Sauce in Subs Buns then Topped with Cheese and Baked!
Be sure to subscribe to my newsletter HERE so you never miss a new recipe!
Check out our online Home Decor & Clothing Boutique Drops of Sunshine!
Every Mom is looking for an another easy meal that her family will love right? I know I always am! Enter the Lasagna Subs. We alllllll love lasagna right? But I’m sorry, I don’t have time to make it most nights. It’s saved for something special. Definitely a weekend type of a meal unless I prep it all the night before and just throw it in the oven the next night, but still it takes forever to bake!
One of my other tricks for weeknight lasagna is this delicious Skillet Lasagna that takes a few shortcuts and still tastes fabulous! Since my family is all about lasagna I had fun making this delicious twist on it too!
You guys, I keep thinking life is going to slow down, I’m going to catch up, I’m going to be wondering what to do with all my time on my “off days” at work.
Yes, I’m part-time now so I can focus on this blog a few days a week. Guess what? Totally is not happening. Not at all. I still feel like I’m drowning. Given the fact that it’s only my second official week, but there’s so much stuff going on! Last week I was getting ready for the big Drops of Sunshine open house which was totally successful and I got RAVE reviews on my clothes and decor which always makes me smile. If you haven’t checked it out you must!
This week it was VBS for Miss K and running back and forth there in the afternoon. The hubs also decided to take Friday off and he wanted to go to the cabin on Thursday night so that eliminated one day of work for me too. This week is the 4th of July so I’ll be down a day there of work. Seeeee always something! The next week I need to pick up an extra day at work…..
I dreamt of days reading books when I was caught up, enjoying the sunshine on my face, maybe some relaxation, but apparently that is not going to happen! I even told my hubs that I would mow the lawn if I had time.
He got REALLY excited about that, but it doesn’t look like that’s going to happen either. Poor guy, he’s not benefiting from me being part-time either.
I feel like I went from dreaming about that time I would go part-time to dreaming about quitting completely. Never satisfied am I? People keep telling me that life is only going to get busier as the kids get older and I can totally tell that already.
As I frequently say, “I’m losing my marbles!”
In fact I say it so much lately that RyRy often looks at me after she’s lost something or did something goofy and repeats it. There’s nothing cuter than it coming out of her mouth that’s for sure. It always makes me giggle.
Therefore, I still need a ton of easy weeknight recipes in my arsenal to help me stay sane! These Baked Lasagna Subs are a go-to one of mine and will be yours too!
- 8 sub or hoagie buns
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 lb ground beef
- 1/2 c. yellow onion, minced
- 1 c. spaghetti sauce
- 1 c. cottage cheese
- 1/4 c. grated Parmesan Cheese
- 1 c. shredded cheddar cheese, divided
- 1/2 c. shredded mozzarella cheese, divided
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- In the buns, cut a 2 in. wide V-shaped cut in the center of the bun to within 1 in. of bottom of bun. Remove cut portion, discard. Place buns on an ungreased baking sheet.
- In a large skillet, brown beef, garlic and onions over medium heat 6-8 minutes or until no longer pink. Drain grease. Stir in spaghetti sauce and heat through.
- Meanwhile, in a small bowl, mix cottage cheese, Parmesan cheese and half of the cheddar and mozzarella cheeses.
- Spoon meat mixture into buns and top with cheese mixture. Cover loosely with foil.
- Bake 20 minutes. Sprinkle the remaining cheese mixture on top. Baked, uncovered, for an additional 3-5 minutes or until cheese is melted.