A quick, easy casserole that’s comforting and perfect for a busy weeknight! This Baked Ravioli Casserole is loaded with ground beef, marinara sauce, spices, cheese ravioli and topped with lots of melted cheese! Pair it with a tossed salad and garlic bread for a complete meal that’s easy. Plus, it’s freezer friendly!
Let’s talk about this baked ravioli! If you are looking for a super simple and family-friendly dinner recipe that’s perfect for weeknights, you are going to want to save this one! This baked ravioli checks so many dinnertime boxes.
Cheese ravioli layered in a baking dish with a flavorful ground beef meat sauce and lots of cheese. This is the kind of dinner my family loves and I love to make. It’s sort of like a lasagna but a whole lot easier to make.
Why This Recipe Works
- The meat sauce is very low fuss! Ground beef with some pantry spices plus your favorite prepared marinara sauce are all you need.
- The ravioli cook in the pan with the sauce. No boiling required. It makes this recipe so easy.
- It’s freezer-friendly! Prepare the recipe and then pop it in the freezer to bake later.
This pasta casserole is a dinner my whole family can agree on! It’s cozy and delicious comfort food. Add some breadsticks on the side or a green salad or simple veggies like air fryer broccoli, or asparagus.
You will want this easy baked pasta in your dinner rotation!
- Ground beef – You could also use ground turkey, ground pork, or crumbled Italian sausage.
- Diced onion – Choose a white or yellow onion for this recipe.
- Minced garlic
- Marinara sauce – pick your favorite brand!
- Canned tomato sauce
- Dried oregano – or use the same amount of Italian seasoning mix.
- Frozen cheese ravioli
- Shredded mozzarella cheese
- Grated Parmesan cheese
How to Make Baked Ravioli
Brown: Cook the beef in a large skillet with the onion and garlic. Once it’s cooked through, drain the excess fat and transfer it to a large mixing bowl.
Mix: Add the marinara sauce, tomato sauce, and oregano to the ground beef and stir well to combine.
Layer: Spread a thin layer of sauce in a prepared 9×13″ baking pan. Place half of the frozen ravioli on top of the sauce. Top the pasta with half of the remaining sauce. Top the sauce with half of the cheese. Repeat these layers and then sprinkle Parmesan over the top of the casserole.
Bake: Cover the pan with foil and bake the casserole for 25 minutes at 400°F. Take the foil off and cook it for 25 minutes longer or until it’s bubbling hot in the center.
Rest: Let the baked ravioli stand for 10 minutes before serving.
Yes, for this recipe you can! It saves time to skip the boiling step and bake the frozen ravioli right in the casserole. It works perfectly!
You don’t need to thaw it first! Just layer it in the baking dish with the sauce and cheese and pop it in the oven.
Yes, this is a great recipe to make ahead. You can assemble and then wrap it tightly with plastic wrap and foil. Freeze it for up to two months and then bake it when you need a an easy dinner.
If you don’t want one big baked pasta dish, divide this recipe in half and use two 8×8″ baking dishes. Assemble both and then freeze one for later.
If you have leftovers, keep them in an airtight container and they’ll keep in the refrigerator for two to three days.
This is a great recipe to make for friends and family who need a hot meal. Assemble the casserole and then stick a note on it with the baking instructions. All they have to do is bake it and enjoy.
You are going to love this comforting, hearty dinner. Once you make this baked ravioli your family will ask for it every week! It’s so good when you’re craving something simple and cozy. Enjoy!
More Baked Pasta Recipes
- Learn how to make the BEST Lasagna! My recipe has been handed down in my family and is always a winner!
- Cheesy Ham Casserole with Bow Ties is a great way to use up leftover ham. It’s cheesy, cozy, filling, and delicious!
- For a quick and easy weeknight dinner, make Linguini Casserole. It’s always a family favorite.
- My Baked Spaghetti has layers of red and white sauce for an amazing pasta dinner.
- Baked Ziti combines tender pasta with a hearty sausage meat sauce and, of course, lots of cheese!
Try it and love it? Rate it, please! Seriously though, a five-star rating below will make my day!
If you snap a photo, please be sure to tag me on Instagram at @julieseatsandtreats or #julieseatsandtreats so I can see your yummy meal!!!
Did you make this? If you snap a photo, please be sure tag me on Instagram at @julieseatsandtreats or #julieseatsandtreats so I can see your yummy treat!
- 1 lb ground beef
- ½ medium onion diced
- 3 cloves garlic minced
- 24 oz jar marinara sauce
- 15 oz tomato sauce
- 1 tsp dried oregano
- 25 oz package frozen cheese ravioli
- 2 c. shredded Mozzarella cheese
- ¼ c. grated Parmesan cheese
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F. Spray a 9 x 13’’ baking dish (or two 8-inch dishes with cooking spray) set aside.
- In a large skillet over medium heat brown the ground beef and diced onions. During the last minute of cooking add the minced garlic. When ground beef is cooked through drain grease off.
- In a mixing bowl combine the cooked ground beef, marinara sauce, tomato sauce and oregano. Spread a thin layer of this mixture across the bottom of the prepared baking dish.
- Arrange half of the frozen ravioli in a single layer over the sauce in the baking dish.
- Top with half of the remaining marinara sauce mixture and half of the shredded Mozzarella cheese.
- Repeat layers then sprinkle Parmesan cheese on top. Cover the baking dish with aluminum foil.
- Place the baking dish in a preheated oven and bake for 25 minutes. Remove foil from the baking dish and cook for an additional 25 minutes or until bubbly and hot in the center.
- Remove from the oven and let stand for 10 minutes before serving.
Leave a Comment