Baked Samoa Donuts ~ Buttery Donuts Dipped in Chocolate and Covered in Caramel and Coconut!
Sometimes I make recipes and then wait for a month or more to actually post it because I come up with more recipes in that time. This is one of those recipes. Now as I sit here late at night and reflect back on this recipe and gaze at my pictures I so realize I really, really want these donuts again!
I kind of forgot how amazing they actually were. I mean it’s a Samoa in donut form do we really need to discuss that more?
This light fluffy donut is dipped in chocolate then piled high with caramel and coconut and then drizzled with chocolate.
Amazing, delicious, life changing would all describe this donut.
Now I want these for breakfast tomorrow morning.
Who’s coming to make me some?
Let’s just say if you haven’t go on the baked donut bandwagon yet you need to. Stat. Like yesterday….
These particular donuts are so amazing that my coconut hating husband ate them. Then he sheeplishly confessed to me that they were really good and he didn’t even mind the coconut Duh. It’s piled with caramel and chocolate. How could you really “mind” the coconut?
You’d be seriously insane if you did…
More great donut recipes!
- Cinnamon Sugar Air Fryer Donuts
- Cinnamon Frosted Cream Cheese Banana Donuts
- Drizzled Snickerdoodle Donuts
Baked Samoa Donuts
- 1 1/3 c. Golden Butter Cake Mix
- 1/3 c. milk
- 1 Tbsp Oil
- 1 egg beaten
- 4 oz Chocolate Candiquik
- 1 tsp oil
- 1 c. caramel bits
- 2 Tbsp milk
- 1/4 c. toasted coconut
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Spray a donut pan with non stick cooking spray.
- In a mixing bowl combine the cake mix, milk, oil and egg. Mixed until combined. Spoon batter into a ziplock bag. Cut the tip off the bag and pipe into donut pan dividing evenly between all six donut forms.
- Bake for 10 minutes or until donuts spring back when pressed. Cool. Remove from donut pan.
- Melt Chocolate Candiquik according to package directions. Stir in oil. Dip the bottom of each donut in chocolate, flip upside down and cool on wire rack.
- In small saucepan melt the caramel bits and milk, stirring frequently. Stir in toasted coconut and mix. Dip the unfrosted side of donut in caramel mixture and set on wire rack with the chocolate side facing down. Cool. Remelt remaining chocolate from dipping donuts and drizzle over the top of caramel frosting.
Craving more donuts?
Drizzled Snickerdoodle Donuts ~ Light, Fluffy Donuts Rolled in Cinnamon Sugar and Topped with a Vanilla Drizzle!
“Baked” Toasted Coconut Red Velvet Donuts ~ Easy donuts made with a Red Velvet Cake Mix and topped with Cream Cheese Frosting and Toasted Coconut!