Banana Crumb Snack Cake ~ Moist banana cake, full of white chocolate chips and topped with brown sugar!
Here it is!!! The long awaited recipe that I described as SCRUMPTIOUS. It really is. I’m not exaggerating or anything. In fact as I just walked up the stairs Jason yelled…are you going to make me another banana crumb cake even though we still have leftovers. I think that explains everything right there. I haven’t made it for awhile and I had a few very ripe bananas and had all the ingredients on hand so I decided to make it. Man…I think now that maybe I shouldn’t have because I can’t keep my fingers out of it. In fact I had to hide the pan on top of the fridge because every time I walked by I had to stop and grab a piece. Make it for yourself and let me know what you think!
Banana Crumb Snack Cake
- 2/3 C. Slivered Almonds
- 1/4 C. Packed Brown Sugar
- 2/3 C. Butter softened
- 1 1/2 C. Sugar
- 2 Eggs
- 3/4 tsp Almond Extract
- 3 C. All-Purpose Flour
- 2 tsp Baking Soda
- 1/4 tsp Baking Powder
- 2 C. Mashed Ripe Bananas 3-4 Bananas
- 1 C. 8 oz Greek Yogurt
- 1 C. Vanilla or White Chips
- In a small bowl, combine almonds and brown sugar; set aside.
- In a large mixing bowl, cream butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition. Beat in extract.
- Combine flour, baking soda and baking powder; add to the creamed mixture alternately with bananas and Greek yogurt. Fold in white chocolate or vanilla chips.
- Spread into a greased 13x9x2 in baking pan. Sprinkle with reserved almond mixture.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 35-40 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. Cool on a wire rack.