Banana Pudding Poke Cake Recipe ~ Moist, Delicious Poke Cake Layered with Banana Pudding, Frosting and Topped with Golden Oreos!
As you all know from the Funfetti Overnight French Toast post it was the hubby’s birthday this past weekend. Which by the way was, AMAZING so go check it out.
We started out the morning with the French Toast and then I made this cake. This too was an epic success. It’s a good thing too because I had some brownie points to win back. Yes. I failed as a wife.
You see we live in small town Minnesota and our local grocery store has a “Birthday Show” every weekday morning and you can put a name in the box if it’s that person’s birthday then the morning of they announce all the birthday’s on the local radio stations and draw out a winner for a cake. I forgot. And it’s not the first time. Of the last 3 years of marriage I have forgot twice. Then my wonderful Aunt Ruth immediately texted me to remind me I forgot, then sent a birthday card saying that she hoped I remember to my husband. Yikes. Then I get a text message that morning from the hubby asking if he won the birthday cake. Uh no dear you didn’t. Then he wittingly replies, “Did your remember my name?” Uh no dear I didn’t. #Worstwifeever.
So this is his birthday cake which I think is MUCH better than the store bought cake he COULD have won. Right?!
This wonderful recipe comes from Brandie over The Country Cook. She is amazing and always has the best recipes so head on over there and give her some love if you haven’t already!
P.S. Remember calories don’t count on your birthday OR your hubby’s birthday I decided. Right?!
Make sure you don’t miss any of the fun stuff Julie’s Eats & Treats is up too!
Banana Pudding Poke Cake
- 1 (10 oz.) Pillsbury yellow cake mix + ingredient to make cake
- 2 (3.4 oz.) packages instant banana pudding
- 4 c. milk
- 8 oz. Cool-Whip, thawed
- 10 Golden Oreos, crushed
- Prepare cake mix according to directions for a 9x13" cake.
- Remove cake from oven and let cool a few minutes. Then take the handle of a wood spoon and poke holes in the cake. You need the holes to be big enough that the pudding can get in them. Poke all the way through the cake.
- In a bowl whisk the instant pudding mix and milk together until all the clumps are dissolved. Pour pudding mixture over cake trying to get the pudding into the holes in the cake. Spread pudding evenly over the cake.
- Cool cake in the fridge until set and cool which is about 2 hours.
- Spread Cool Whip over entire cake. Top with crushed Golden Oreos.
- Store in the fridge.
|Serving Size||1 piece|
|Amount Per Serving||As Served|
|Calories 184kcal Calories from fat 65|
|% Daily Value|
|Total Fat 7g||11%|
|Saturated Fat 4g||20%|
|Dietary Fiber 1g||4%|
Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your daily values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs:
|Total Fat||Less than||65g|
|Sat Fat||Less than||25g|
Check out these other fabulous Poke Cakes!