Beach Pudding Shots
The perfect sweet treat to cool down with on a hot summer day are these Beach Pudding Shots! You can make them alcoholic or non-alcoholic, whichever you want.
It’s an easy combination of Instant vanilla pudding, coconut rum, graham cracker crumbs, gummi rings and gummi bars served in little cups. This is such a fun summer recipe – perfect for parties or just because! I also have pool party jello shots that are super cute, too!
Why You Will Love This Pudding Shots Recipe!
- These pudding shots are perfect for the summer – each shot has rum-spike vanilla pudding with a graham cracker crumb “beach” and a little bear floating on the pudding “water”. They’re almost too cute to eat!
- They’re easy to make, too, with instant pudding mix and a few other ingredients to pull them together. Plus, you can make them ahead and keep them in the refrigerator.
- You can make them boozy or not – it’s up to you! Either way, these fun pudding shots will put a smile on everyone’s faces at your next summer party.
Ingredients Needed for Pudding Shots
- Vanilla instant pudding mix – or try white chocolate pudding mix or cheesecake pudding mix.
- Cold milk – both 2% and whole milk will work.
- Coconut rum – or leave it out to make non-alcoholic pudding shots!
- Blue food coloring
- Graham cracker crumbs – buy a box of crumbs or crush whole graham crackers in a food processer.
- Peach ring gummies – or try green apple or watermelon ring gummies.
- Gummi bears – or use Teddy Grahams!
How to Make Vanilla Pudding Shots
Line the cups up on a sheet pan to make it easy to fill and move them after you’ve made the shots.
Pudding: Whisk the milk and rum with the pudding mix until smooth. Add the blue food coloring and whisk until combined.
Fill: Spoon the pudding mixture into the shot cups.
Decorate: Sprinkle the graham cracker crumbs on one side of the pudding. Add a gummi ring on top. Cut the gummi bears in half and place the top half in each ring.
Chill: Refrigerate the pudding shots until you are ready to serve them.
How long do pudding shots keep?
These pudding shots will keep well in the refrigerator for three to four days.
Can you double the recipe?
Yes, it’s really easy to double or triple the recipe if you’re serving a crowd.
I like to use 2-ounce cups for this recipe, but you can use 1-ounce cups and you’ll get more pudding shooters out of the recipe.
If you want to adjust the amount of alcohol to make them less stronger or stronger, you can do that, too:
- Less strong: Use 1/2 cup rum and 2 1/2 cups milk.
- Stronger: Use 1 1/2 cups each of milk and rum.
Have a summer party coming up? I hope you make these beach pudding shots! They’re so fun and a great way to treat your guests to a fun summer treat. Enjoy!
More Fun Summer Drinks!
- Rumchata Ice Coffee Slush is a great way to cool off and get your caffeine kick!
- Malibu Sunset is a cold and fruity cocktail that’s layered to look like a tropical sunset.
- Sometimes there’s nothing better than a cold Root Beer Float on a hot day! The combination of ice cream and soda is so good.
Did you make this? If you snap a photo, please be sure tag me on Instagram at @julieseatsandtreats or #julieseatsandtreats so I can see your yummy treat!
Beach Pudding Shots
- 5.1 ounces instant vanilla pudding mix
- 2 cups cold milk
- 1 cup coconut rum
- Blue food coloring
- ½ cup Graham cracker crumbs
- 16 Peach ring gummis
- 16 Gummi bears
- On a tray set out your cups, set aside for later.
- Add dry pudding mix into a large measuring cup with a spout or a mixing bowl with a spout.
- Then whisk in 2 cups of cold milk and 1 cup of coconut rum (optional) and a few drops of blue food coloring until smooth.
- Carefully pour or spoon the pudding mixture into the cups almost all the way full.
- Sprinkle a little of the graham cracker crumbs on half of each shot.
- Then place a peach ring on each one of the pudding shots and then cut the bottom half off of each gummi bear and stick one in each ring.
- Keep these refrigerated until ready to serve and keep cool while serving.
These pudding shots will keep well in the refrigerator for three to four days. Can You Double The Recipe?
Yes, it’s really easy to double or triple the recipe if you’re serving a crowd. Recipe Tips
I like to use 2-ounce cups for this recipe, but you can use 1-ounce cups and you’ll get more pudding shooters out of the recipe. If you want to adjust the amount of alcohol to make them less stronger or stronger, you can do that, too: Less strong: Use 1/2 cup rum and 2 1/2 cups milk.
Stronger: Use 1 1/2 cups each of milk and rum.
Leave a Comment