Beef Lo Mein with Asparagus is a quick stir fry dish with thinly sliced steak, Ramen noodles and asparagus. Ramen Lo Mein is the perfect weeknight meal that is fancy enough to serve to company! Plus, it’s ready in 20 minutes!
Beef Lo Mein
This Beef Lo Mein with Asparagus is a great twist on the classic Chinese take out, Beef Lo Mein. With the addition of Ramen noodles you just can’t go wrong. Add in the tender steak and asparagus for a fresh and delicious twist on lo mein.
I have a thing for Chinese food but unfortunately my family does not. I can sometimes bribe my husband or beg him to hit up a Chinese Buffet promising he’ll find some “American” options on it, but usually he raises his eyebrows, rolls his eyes and says no to my requests.
Then he quickly points out the next burger joint. He’s an all-american boy and that’s his taste buds too. Give him a burger and beer and he’s good to go.
That is until I made this delicious Beef Lo Mein recipe! I mean it has steak, that right there made him at least try it. Add in Ramen and he couldn’t say no. Round it out with some Fried Rice and wahoo now I can make this at home to curb my Chinese cravings. It’s a win for all of us. He get’s his steak and I get my twist on Chinese.
Ramen Lo Mein
Plus, doesn’t everything that has Ramen in it make it more fun to eat? There’s something about those long, squiggly Ramen noodles that brings me back to my childhood.
For some reason, my brother and I thought Ramen was a delicacy when we were young and would beg my Mom to make it. I think she felt guilty about making it for us because we rarely got it. If my kids begged for it I think I’d gladly serve it up every other day!
Being an adult now I feel guilty about my in explainable love for it, so I rationalize it by adding steak and asparagus to it and then act like it’s totally an adult meal now! I mean it is, right? For the record I’ve added chicken to Ramen and pork to Ramen to make two other delicious stir-fry recipes! It’s kind of beginning to be my “thing”.
Ingredients Needed to Make Lo Mein with Asparagus
- Top sirloin steak
- Beef Ramen noodles
- Hoisin sauce
- Olive oil
- Garlic clove
How to Make Beef Lo Mein with Asparagus
Toss the hoisin sauce and water together in a small bowl. Then mix 1/2 tsp of the beef seasoning from one packet of ramen with the steak. Discard the rest of the packet.
Bring the water to boil in saucepan, add ramen noodles and contents of the other ramen seasoning packet, cook. Drain.
Stir-fry steak until brown in 1 Tbsp olive oil. Remove from pan.
Heat the rest of the oil and stir-fry garlic and asparagus until crisp-tender. Stir in hoisin mixture; bring to boil and cook until thickened. Stir in beef and heat through. Serve over ramen.
MORE DELICIOUS RECIPES WITH RAMEN:
Beef Lo Mein with Asparagus
- 1 lb beef top sirloin steak cut into thin strips
- 2 pkg beef ramen noodles 3 oz each
- 2/3 c. hoisin sauce
- 2 1/4 c. water divided
- 2 Tbsp olive oil divided
- 1 garlic clove minced
- 1 lb fresh asparagus trimmed and cut into 2 1/2 in. pieces
- In a small bowl mix together hoisin sauce and 1/4 c. water.
- Toss beef with 1/2 tsp seasoning from a ramen seasoning packet, discard the rest of the packet.
- Bring water to bowl in saucepan. Add noodles and contents of the unopened seasoning packet; cook, uncovered for 3 minutes. Remove from heat, let stand, covered, until noodles are tender. Drain before serving.
- In a skillet, heat 1 Tbsp oil over medium-high heat; stir-fry beef until browned, 3-4 minutes. Remove.
- In same pan heat remaining oil over medium-high heat; stir-fry garlic and asparagus until crisp-tender, 1-3 minutes. Stir in hoisin mixture; bring to a boil. Cook until thickened. Stir in beef; heat through. Serve over ramen.