Refreshing Mixed Berry Smoothie is the perfect treat for hot summer days and kids love them! They also make a great breakfast. With only four ingredients they are so easy to whip up whenever you are craving one.
This berry smoothie is the perfect quick breakfast or refreshing mid-day treat! When my kiddos ask for ice cream or slushies after they’ve been playing outside, sometimes I want to give something a little bit more healthy. So, I reach for the ingredients to make this simple mixed berry smoothie!
It’s so creamy and smooth, it almost tastes like ice cream. Plus, I can throw in a scoop or two of my favorite protein powder and it makes this a really filling smoothie.
Mixed berries are packed full of good vitamins and nutrients too, so drinking this smoothie for breakfast starts the day off on the right foot. If you love this smoothie, you’re going love my strawberry banana smoothie and orange smoothie too! You can use your leftover berries to make berry popsicles too!
Why You’ll Love this Berry Smoothie
- If you’ve got a busy morning, you can pour this frozen fruit smoothie in a travel mug and take breakfast on-the-go!
- It only takes about 5 minutes to throw this smoothie together. A five-minute breakfast when you’re running late is a lifesaver!
- You only need 4 ingredients to make this easy smoothie. Keep these on hand and you can blend up a good smoothie whenever needed!
Ingredients for Berry Smoothie
- Frozen mixed berries – If there are certain berries you don’t like, then buy the specific berries separately!
- Banana – You can use fresh banana or frozen banana. If you use frozen, you may need extra milk to help thin the smoothie.
- Vanilla yogurt – Feel free to use plain yogurt if you prefer! You can use leftover yogurt to make this yummy frozen yogurt bark.
- Milk – I recommend using whole milk, but you can use 2% milk or 1% milk if you prefer. You can also use a dairy-free milk substitute.
How to Make Mixed Berry Smoothie
Add frozen berries, banana, vanilla yogurt, and milk to the blender.
Blend for a few minutes until completely smooth. If needed, stir the ingredients in the blender and blend again to get the last few chunks of frozen fruit.
Divide the smoothie mixture into two cups and garnish with extra fresh or frozen mixed berries.
Serve immediately and enjoy!
What to Serve with Mixed Berry Smoothie
This tasty frozen fruit smoothie is of course wonderful all on its own! But you can serve some other quick breakfast foods alongside it if you want.
How to Store Leftover Berry Smoothie
If you need to save the second serving of banana berry smoothie, you can freeze it or pop it in the fridge for the next day!
FRIDGE: Place the smoothie in a cup with a lid or a glass mason jar, and store in the fridge for up 2 two days. Shake up the cup whenever you’re ready to drink it!
FREEZER: Store leftover smoothie in a freezer-safe bag and lay it flat in the freezer. Or, you can pour it into an ice cube tray or popsicle molds. Allow the smoothie to thaw or place the frozen smoothie in a blender with more liquid and blend until smooth.
How do I make my smoothie more thin?
If your smoothie is a little too thick, add a splash of milk or water and blend it in. You could also add a little bit of yogurt to help thin it out and make it a bit more creamy.
Are berry smoothies healthy?
The mixed berries are full of really important and healthy vitamins and nutrients. Yogurt is good for the body as well! Bananas are full of potassium and a great source of natural sweetener which eliminates the need for sugar. This smoothie is a very healthy choice!
Can I double this recipe?
Absolutely! It is really easy to double, or even triple, this recipe. The serving size of this berry banana smoothie recipe is 2 smoothies, so if you need to serve more people feel free to double the recipe.
If you’re serving a large group, don’t overload your blender! Divide the ingredients into separate batches so that your smoothies can be blended to a good and creamy consistency.
- If you use fresh berries, add some ice cubes so that your smoothie thickens up well.
- Want a little more sweetness in your banana berry smoothie? Add a bit of honey or maple syrup before you blend it up.
- I recommend using a high powered blender for best results and the most creamy and smooth smoothie.
This easy berry smoothie is so refreshing and tasty! Blend it up and enjoy!
More Frozen Treats You’ll Love
- Make some Strawberry Cheesecake Ice Cream as a yummy dessert during the summer!
- Skip the drive-thru for coffee and make a Java Chip Frappuccino right in the comfort of your own home.
- You can make a classic Oreo Milkshake in your own kitchen with this super simple recipe.
- This Banana Milkshake is a creamy and easy treat to make!
- 1 banana
- 3 cups frozen mixed berries
- ½ cup vanilla yogurt
- 1 ¼ cups milk
- Add all ingredients to the blender. Blend until smooth.
- Divide between two cups and garnish with frozen or fresh berries if desired.
- Serve immediately.