Tonight I had this wonderful idea of making something more complicated and time consuming for supper because I had the day off from work and could do this. Well, I was over ambitious and started painting the hallway in our house. I have been telling my friend, Desiree, that I am going to do this for oh over a month and I’m happy to say its finally DONE! In between coats I successfully did about five loads of laundry. I leave for training in the cities on Monday and needed to make sure I had clothes! After painting the ceiling, walls and trim I looked at the clock and it was already 6:00!
So much for my great idea! After a quick inventory of what was actually in the cupboards and freezer I decided that I would make Spaghetti & Meatballs. This recipe is super easy and quick! You don’t even have to cook the meatballs separate like most recipes. Jason LOVED the meatballs – it is the BEST meatball Recipe!. He informed me he could just eat those and that would be just fine! Here’s the recipe. I hope you enjoy it as much as we do.
Best Ever Spaghetti & Meatballs
- 1 lb ground beef
- 1/2 c. Italian Seasoned Bread Crumbs
- 1/2 tsp sea salt
- 1/4 tsp black pepper
- 1/2 c. all-purpose flour
- 1 Egg
- 3 Tbsp olive oil
- 1 jar 1 lb 10 oz Pasta Sauce
- 8 oz Spaghetti
- 1/2 c. Parmesan Cheese grated
How to Make Meatballs
- Combine ground beef, bread crumbs, sea salt, pepper & egg. Shape into 12 meatballs.
- Dredge or roll your meatballs in flour making sure to dust off the excess. Heat a deep, large skillet or dutch oven over medium heat with 3 Tbsp olive oil.
- Add meatballs to pan and saute until browned on all sides. About 6 minutes total. Then remove meatballs and set aside. They will not be cooked through at this point, just browned on the sides.
How to Make Spaghetti and Meatballs
- In skillet or dutch oven that you previous used (you might want to wipe out the grease) add spaghetti sauce and bring to a simmer. Gently add in meatballs, cover and simmer for about 20 minutes or until meatballs are cooked through.
- In the meantime bring water to a boil and cook spaghetti according to directions.
- Serve over hot spaghetti. Garnish with Parmesan cheese.